045

Namjoon joins Yoongi at the lunch table with two toasted panini's, sliding one over to the older.

"Right" he says as soon as he sits down. Yoongi was already preparing himself for the next plan Namjoon came up with.

"So you gave him the chocolates right?" Yoongi nods. "So now, you should pick up the pace a little"

He looks to his friend with a what are you on about? Expression. "Ah ah Let me finish. Ok, You should start letting him know that you like him, you know? So next time you're talking, tell him what you like about him- like uhh,... you have cute doe eyes! If you really like someone, this should come naturally. And by the end of the day, maybe try suggest going to see a movie. Movies are a classic date idea."

As soon as Namjoon finishes, he starts on his panini, while Yoongi is still trying to process the plan.

Of course he already has an infinite list of what he like about Jimin but now... he has to tell him? Yoongi already senses that he's going to mess this up.

"don't worry about it" Namjoon reassures, patting Yoongi's back. "You can do this. Just be smooth."

"I'm the opposite of smooth" Yoongi mumbles, finally taking a bite of his lunch.

"you're not that bad"

"Thanks"

Namjoon chuckles to himself and continues on his food. When the sound of the door opening is heard, both of the boys lift their gaze towards the entrance. On cue, Jimin and his friends enter, one of them had their arm wrapped around the smaller boy's shoulder as they talked.

When realising Namjoon is mindlessly staring too,yoongi elbows him and tells him not to be so obvious. "We can't stare at them, it's weird" he explains.

Namjoon huffs an 'alright' and continues to eat - yet although Yoongi was the one to oppose the idea, he can't help but sneak another glance across the room and somehow, just somehow, Jimin meets his gaze with a shy smile.
And for a second Yoongi almost drops his panini and waves, but it's cut short (thankfully) when Jimin quickly turns his attention back to his friends.

Despite not doing any of that, Yoongi feels the embarrassment in his stomach-because he was going to wave?!

That's what you were going to do? Yoongi thinks to himself.

What an idiot.

"You ok?" Namjoon laughs, seeing the boys expression.

"Uh, yeah." Is all be said as he slowly takes another bite of his panini and thinks about how the hell he's going to act smoothly in front of Jimin.