Chapter Sixteen

It turned out that Thomas, and Ezra were also going to meet with Rima. We hadn't done anything bad so the meeting was a little nerving. We had been good for the last couple of weeks.

In her office was, Byron, Ronald, Dr. Nan and Dr. Langston. Present as well was Professor Curt and the Headmistress. There was a huge smile on Professor Curt's face. He was almost jumping on the balls of his feet.

"Are we in trouble?" Ezra looked around.

"You are accepting him" I couldn't help smiling at Professor Curt.

"Yes, we voted and we did need another member so we decided that Abraxos should become a Keeper" Rima turned with a smile to Professor Curt. "Abraxos Curt I present to you the 15th Guardians of the Crown Ezra Miller, Thomas Joel and Iris Burke. Welcome to the Counsel"

"I'm so excited" Professor Curt clapped his hands. "It is an honor and I appreciate the trust that you have all given me." he smiled at me. "I will teach and guide the Guardians just like you have thus far. I will not fail you" he could barely contain himself. I was so excited that he would be Keeper. He had turned into my favorite professor, and I was glad that I would get to openly talk to him.

"As for teaching Iris" Rima cleared her throat. "You are welcome to start whenever you would like Abraxos, as long as it doesn't interfere with her training and her Ranks." Rima smiled putting her hands together.

"In that case, we should start after her first Rank. The first couple sessions will be very difficult" Professor Curt raised his eyebrows meaningfully. "I will discuss a schedule with Byron and we will get started soon after the first Rank."

"Sounds great" Byron nodded, he glanced at me once and turned to Professor Curt. "Just let me know so I can start planning."

Professor Curt looked amused by Byron.

"Of course, also did you want me to work with Thomas and Ezra as well" Professor Curt glanced at Rima and then he turned to the boys.

"It is their choice" Rima took a seat. "Iris would benefit the most since she is a Mirror"

"I don't really want to learn" Ezra cleared his throat. "Magic makes me uneasy and it isn't something that I want to meddle in"

"I don't want to either" Thomas shook his head. "I don't think it would benefit me very much. I can sort of just disappear if something were to come up." Thomas shrugged with a small smile.

"In that case if you change your mind, let me know. I will be more than happy to instruct you in learning how to fight off the Defense spells, also if Iris is up to it she can teach you in return. I wanted to teach her a few other things" Professor Curt cleared his throat.

"We leave that up to you" Rima nodded. "Also, you remember our previous meetings about not identifying the Guardians."

"Of course" Professor Curt put his hands together. "I understand the importance of the Guardians and I can assure you that I will be careful."

"That is so cool" Thomas put his arm around me. "Imagine all the cool things he is going to teach you." He shook me slightly.

"Yeah well first I have to Rank and then I'll worry about what he is going to teach me" I sighed heavily. "The Rank is in about two weeks."

I had the Swords match first and then the knives match. It was going to be a rough day especially since they were back to back.

"Alright" Henri took my hand. We were practicing a few movements in front of Dr. Nan and Byron. We were having a practice session two days before the Rank. We had finished finals and now it was time to concentrate on the Ranks.