Chapter Fourteen

On Visiting Day my grandmother arrived with her assistant and pieces of luggage.

"So what is so urgent that you need to have me here the entire day" my grandmother looked at my room with a disapproving look. I hastily started to clean up a bit.

"Well there is a boy" I started. My grandmother gasped loudly. I turned to her, her hands were covering her mouth.

"Tell me, so he is? Is he an Immortal? Is it that instructor of yours, Brian?"

"Byron" I corrected her with a dirty look. "No, it isn't Byron. His name is Henri, he is actually a Goblin and he is going to work for the Counsel when he graduates." I was trying to make him seem like the perfect guy so she could help me lie to him.

"Well he sounds perfect. So what is the problem" she took a seat.

"He isn't my boyfriend" I started to pace. "You probably know but we have a curfew now and aren't allowed off campus." I peeked at her quickly. She was staring at me. "He keeps asking me out and I have been lying to him...making excuses but what i need is a really good one."

"So what am I supposed to do?" My grandmother furrowed her eyebrows. "Why don't you tell him you are busy?"

"I have" I exclaimed. "I just don't want him to think that I don't want to hang out with him...because I do" my grandmother started to smile. "I like him and" She got to her feet with a huge wide smile.

"Fine, I'll try to help you out. He sounds like a nice boy, he's a Goblin...I was hoping you would find a nice young Immortal but Goblin is doable" she brought her finger to her lips like if thinking. "Goblins are crafty and most are good families. What is his last name?"

"Henri, his name is Jude Henri" Her eyes started to widen.

"Henri" she repeated. I gave her a look. "Oh my, yes! Let's go meet his parents" she seemed thrilled at the idea.

"Grandma he isn't even my boyfriend" I started to panic. Was she trying to marry me off? "We are just you know dating"

"He is courting you dear"

"Courting?" I scoffed at the word. "You mean dating- he isn't asking to marry me...Grandma" she opened the door. I was horrified that she was thinking about marriage.

"Dear, Henri comes from a good family. As a matter of fact, I know his parents. I don't really like his mother Genova but that's okay, his father is a brilliant advisor for the Counsel and from the sounds of it he is following in his fathers footsteps, and I will help you with your lie"

"Fine but don't be embarrassing" I grumbled following her out the door.

Henri was having breakfast with his parents. Sitting next to him was a man in a black uniform. He had a dark green thick cord around his shoulders. There was an emblem on his chest, it was three bars in the shape of a triangle. He was a high-ranking Advisor. Next to him was a beautiful silver blonde woman. His mother was a Siren.

Henri met my eyes and he waved us over.

"Mom..dad this is Iris." Henri got to his feet and so did his father. His mother had a bored expression on her face as she glanced at me. He introduced us to his parents, Genova and Benjamin, his mother didn't look thrilled to be meeting us.

"This is my grandmother Andrea Burke" I introduced her.

"Yes, Mrs. Burke you looked familiar" Mr. Henri took her hand. "We haven't formally met"

"No, we haven't. We are in different departments" My grandmother took a seat.

"Genova this is the Royal families Financial Officer" Mr. Henri told his wife.