[26] you're boomerist, kid

Start from the beginning

"Ninjago was created by pure balance. Darkness - and light. Perfectly balanced, as it should be. If power was tipped too much in one direction, chaos would ensure. The creator of this world knew this all too well. For every bad, there was good. Therefore, he had the idea to train protectors of the land in order to combat the evil. But evil always has some hidden edge, so he gifted them with powers beyond what any could dream of. Powers that if not controlled and harnessed properly, could destroy Ninjago itself."

Skylor didn't know why he was telling them this. Maybe he was subbing in for the history teacher that had quit a few days ago? Cole and Zane had gone deathly quiet, the rest either plain confused or staring at Wu in disbelief.

"The man who did all of this was my father."

No way. Was - that meant he was dead. But Ninjago had been created thousands upon thousands of years ago? What Wu had said was simply a watered-down version of what they learned in History, even bedtime stories, minus the part about the powers. It made no sense how he, how Wu could have lived this long.

"And those who he gifted the powers to were called Elemental Masters." Cole openly squeaked, throwing his hands up to cover his mouth in surprise and Zane tensed noticeably. Pixal, as well, did not look shocked. Only Kai, Jay, Nya, Lloyd and Skylor were a mix of confusion and curiosity. "Wielding the elements of creation, the core four. Earth, Fire, Lightning, and Ice."

Cole slumped against the wall, rubbing at his eyes. Zane just remained impassive, though his fingers were twined with Pixal's. "These powers were passed down, gifted to new masters to train and master them. The previous masters were all your parents."

"You're joking." Kai laughed hysterically. "My parents are accountants. Accountants!"

"Seriously, there's no way my dad has an elemental power. He would have found a way to integrate it with noodles and make bank off it." she agreed, scoffing internally at the idea. It was a brief moment of agreement as she and Kai raised their eyebrows at each other mockingly.

"Pretty sure my parents don't have them either. Like, can you imagine them with powers?" Jay laughed.

Wu repeated his bemused, all-knowing smile. "Has anything happened to you recently? Things you can't explain, dreams that make no sense?"

Nya gulped, looking at her hands then to the jug of water on the side table next to the door. Cole dug around in his pockets for something and produced a handful of jagged rocks, Zane brought his foot up to stare at the sole of his shoe and Jay was frantically unlocking his phone to go to...TikTok? Lloyd's face was still scrunched up in uncertainty and disbelief, and Skylor's expression echoed his.

"So, you're saying our parents passed these elemental thingamajiggies to us?" Jay chuckled again, a hint of hysteria there.

"Where you get your elemental powers from is not information I am willing to disclose to you just yet. It is important that you understand them first before you question their history. It might be genetics, gifted to you, or simply destiny. If you do not believe me, I have the proof to show you that you do possess these powers."

"Uncle, this doesn't make any sense."

"Nothing makes sense, Lloyd."

Said Garmadon groaned at the cryptic words.

"He's telling the truth!" insisted Cole out of the blue.

"I can confirm that. Principal Wu is telling the truth." Zane backed Cole up, each balking at each other in surprise.

"Alright, alright, say we do have these powers. What do we do with them?" Kai theorised, glancing at his sister protectively.

"You train with them. Master the art of Spinjitzu, discover abilities, unlock your True Potential, and most importantly, protect Ninjago."