Chapter 18: Dead silence

*3 days ago*

Syrahbi Allure Smith
Brooklyn, NY

"this is her husband see look" I heard faintly, very far away I couldn't tell who it was.

"here get her on the gurney, I think she's dying man" I heard, still faint but closer to me. "it's blood, it's coming from her stomach" I heard, it played over and over in my head.

My baby oh my god, "god please if you have to take my life please save my daughter" I managed to murmur out, choking on my own blood. "SHES TALKING" I heard faintly but louder, like it could have been yelled out.

I'd stopped moving, I started feeling air in my lungs. I began blinking my eyes, fading in and out I saw Riiah and Dee sitting by me, crying.

"Don't leave me please" they both said before breaking down, comforting each other.

I began seeing flashing white lights, and feel cool air stinging my body. "GET HER TO THE O.R NOW" I heard lowly as I blacked out here and there.

It felt like hours before I heard noise that wasn't beeping, I heard muffled cries fill the room. I wanted to cry, so bad. How did I get here?

*4 hours earlier*

"Yea okay bitch come close to Damarian and I will lay you the fuck out" I spoke harshly putting my stuff on the counter. I walked out the store to the car when I saw Ariya following behind me. "Bitch you think just cause you having his baby you something special?" She asked leaning forward, reeling back laughing "bitch I will kill yo baby the fuck". "You gon what?" I asked slamming my car door walking closer to her. Her car door swung open and Tula jumped out, running over to us "y'all don't have to take it this far, ain't you had enough Ariya? Damn" she said getting angry making me scrunch up my face. "Had enough of what? I asked shifting all my weight on one leg. "Just the bullshit" Tula said weirdly. "Can you just drive me to the airport already?" She asked Ariya making me extra scrunch my face up. "Where you going?" I asked her smiling "oh girl on a little baecation" she said looking down at her phone "never mind Ariya, he's coming to get me" she said going to the trunk pulling out two suitcases.

Weird, right? Yea.

A black Lexus pulled up and she began putting her things in the trunk. I peered into the car looking at the sticker on the window "Uber" it read.

"Oh yea Sy" she said grabbing my attention. "I heard about Shawny, I hope he's okay" she said trying to look sincere. She got into the car rolling the window down "heard what about Shawny?" I asked her. I instantly saw all the color leave her face, then the car pulled off in a hurry. Ariya was getting a call, I glanced over and saw it was Tula. I began walking to my car getting out my cellphone to call Sydell and saw her getting off the phone.

"Die bitch" she shouted out, not too loud. "Don't count on it" I said back winking, this bitch had some nerve I can't wait to drop so I can fuck her ass up, do her ass how I did Monique I thought to myself.

"Oh I'll put 10 bands on it" she said lowly but I heard her. She got into her car pulling off quick and loudly making me roll my eyes.

"Hello?" I spoke into the phone "yea waddup twin" he said looking down at his lap. "Yo If something happen to me start with Tula" I said as I approached a red light. "What the fuck you talking about" he said "yo, the girls about to be over there soon, have Shawny tell them the story. Same way he told y'all, tell him don't leave nothing out" I said pulling off "I'm on my way, I be there in like 20, if not ima catch up to y'all with the next spot" I finished "Aight nigga be safe, I love you" I said making me smile into the phone "big ass" he said making me straight face him hanging up the phone.