Chapter 15: Surprise

*6 months later*

Mariiah Aphrodite Smith
Philadelphia, PA

"It's 5:30 in the morning what happened?" I asked irritated. It was too early in the morning for anybody to be calling me if it wasn't Lury. I'd been waiting for her to come home for hours.

It was an understatement to say I was worried. "Yo my nigga get up" I heard, instantly waking me from fatigue. "DEADASS DON'T CALL MY PHONE ON NO RUDE SHIT AT FIVE IN THE FUCKING MORN-" I began to yell, waking up Armani but was cut off "They got Sy" I heard as my heart started beating fast, what? who has her!!? "Who has my sister? Shawny what the fuck you talking about?!" I yelled standing up. I walked to my closet to find some clothes.

"Feds" he said making me and Armani share a worried look. "The feds?" He mouthed to me. "Shawny ima call you back, where she at?" "Somewhere in the city, I heard" he said. "You heard?" I scrunched my face up coming back to the camera out of my messages. I'd seen that I had plenty of texts, Syrahbi telling me she needed help, her telling me she in trouble, her send 17702. That was the code we came up with for tough situations

If you had someone around while you were otp and the situation was dangerous, or had someone looking over your shoulder.

"Who you heard that from?" I asked, "mannnn" he dragged sucking his teeth. "Aye say what the fuck you gon say cause I'll fuck anybody up behind my sister and you know that's fact SHITTEN me" I started getting heated. This year been bad energy and I was tired of it. "Man, Esperanza already handled the situation so I'm not even gon say shit. come out here that's it" he finished hanging up on me.

"He lucky I can't even be mad. But I'm snuffing that nigga as soon as I touch toe in Brooklyn" I said throwing some sweats on. "Niggas don't have shit on my sister they need to let her go simple" I said staring blankly at the wall biting my nails.

"stop being worried, they don't have nothing on her" Armani said grabbing sweatpants out of his top drawer, along with some socks.

"You right, ima calm down. She probably joking in her head right now. I know my sister" I said, more so to myself.

I needed to go to the city anyway to get some shit for this party we were all throwing Sy but this was just bad timing.

"We finna stay at my momma house, so pack something" I said to Armani looking for my duffle bag.

After driving to Brooklyn, we did our hygiene stuff and called everybody over.

"Say, it's 9 in the morning" Dell said yawning "and I love my cousin but it's not like we can break into wherever she at" he finished laying his head on yenas lap.

"Okay if we should go to sleep Sy gon give us a sign and if we have to stay up nothing gon happen" Shawny said looking around at all of us.

A few minutes went past and we all started laughing. "I don't even know why niggas thought that was gon wor-" Armani was cut off by Blancas phone that started ringing.

"Hello?" She answered, she scrunched her face up before smiling. "You want me to put it on speaker?" She asked before moving the phone from her ear

"Hey y'all" Sy said, her voice sounding strained. "You been crying baby girl?" Damarian asked walking out of the bathroom. "Yea, they stressing me out. I'm hungry as shit and I want some shit they not even finna bring me" she said sounding frustrated making us laugh. "Say, we just wanna know if you good cause we tired" Dell asked making yena punch him in the chest "ow, what?" He asked rubbing his chest "cállate!" she semi yelled rubbing her forehead.