Chapter 11: Lenten Rose

Hellebore (lenten rose): a flower that grows successfully in the winter

Syrahbi Allure Smith
Brooklyn, New York

"Syrahbi" I heard Damarians voice repeatedly, it sounded muffled. When things became "normal" to me again I had realized we were in his Rolls Royce, sitting in the Walmart parking lot.

"Yea?" I said turning my head in his direction smiling. "You ain't hear nothing I said?" He asked scoffing, making me laugh "No I'm sorry" I chuckled reaching into the backseat to grab my bag. I begged him to take me to Walmart today, Biggs was taking passion on vacation so they were going to Italy to find manufacturing for her brand. So while she's gone I'm going to work on an LED mirror for her as a present and hope it's done when they get home.

"I said you have to poem me deaf the whole way through Walmart" he laughed making me snap my head to him "Why?" I asked with my face scrunched up. "Cause I wanna feel you" he whispered low into my ear, while grabbing the back of my neck pulling me into a passionate kiss. It's been three weeks since him and Jackson fought at the club, it was awkward for me. I was always trying to keep the peace between everyone literally! But it was what it was between them I guess.

"Hellooo" he said waving his hand in front of my face making me laugh "I'm still here" he spoke joking around. "Okay I will" I said smiling making him kiss my chest. He got out of the car to open my door, after locking up the car we walked into Walmart grabbing a cart. "Excuse me, can you tell me what aisle the LED mirrors are in?" I asked looking at a worker in a blue vest. "If you give me your number, I will" he smiled showing off his teeth making me gag in my head. "Tomorrow our 3 monthiversary" Damarian said burying his face in the crook of my neck. "Where the aisle at" he said smiling at the worker while smacking my ass. "Aisle 7" he said nervously.

*3 hl*

"girl he took me out to the museum. they did shows from time to time, upcoming artists came from miles away and he was one. he sung a sad song, i mean he read me like a book and shut me up. my body zipped my lip before I had the chance to, music notes danced circles around my body
spun my curves like professionals. he spoke to me and me only, if looks could anything all my buttons would be undone and I'd have been laying there naked. he sung a sad song, and I swayed my body to the music. he analyzed me with one stare, and got to know me with some conversation. passes time and time and time and time to where he knew me enough to sing a sad song, sung me right out my panties and by time the sun rose on my honey skin he was singing a mellow tune."

(this an actual spoken word I wrote y'all 😂🥰)

"What you call that?" Damarian asked me as he stretched his body out across my bed, passing me the blunt. I paused a second before I spoke "he sung a sad song" I said lowly, chuckling a little before pulling from the blunt.