" It is possible, " he seriously answered. " It's not just her, but me as well. As a spouse, I should be more responsible in taking care of her. "

" But Methu, you're blameless! You should never..." the African-American man paused.

" Carol is my responsibility along with my son who will be born a month from now. If something happens to them, I would blame and regret everything for my negligence. "

Fury and Fisher remained silent and heard the Kree Eternal's serious words. They got surprised at first, but they understood what he meant. Methu-Selah knew his wife had gone through with such issues she got involved in the past. He wanted to correct those mistakes from her so she could live as a normal civilian and
a mother to his child.

" Okay, I get what you mean, " Fisher said. " So, you will join at her house arrest then. My question is what is your next step on this? Carol will be having her schedule or unexpected labor anytime soon. "

" I have filed for my resignation for some personal reasons. At the same time, I will attend to her needs before she gives birth. "

" You have predicted this beforehand. Am I right? "

" Yes, I knew my wife will experience this. Thank you for helping me out in bringing her back to me. "

" We're doing this for her as an Avenger, not a criminal. "  

(The Next Day)

The sun shone and beamed its bright yellow light at the window. Carol slowly opened her eyes and frowned. She loudly yawning like a roaring lion, widening her mouth to open and stretching both her limbs. She was surprised to see herself at home again. The last time she could remember was seeing Larae Barrett's demise on the streets of New York. She knew who was responsible for taking down a former SHIELD Agent.

Remembering Aaron Keener, Barry Crawford, Oblivion, or any of her detractors from HYDRA, Carol became more terrified than ever. She had been involved in taking down the police and any other authorities, but fear and regret has been haunting her  for a less than a decade.

She looked at the window and heavily sighed when she heard police and ambulance sirens echoing around the streets. Carol felt guiltier than ever. Suddenly, she felt a kick from her abdomen and moaned in pain. The unborn child was too excited to come out anytime soon.

" Hang-in there, Kid, " the blonde half-Kree muttered and rubbed her large round stomach. " It's not your time yet. It's still eight months. Your father and I have to wait for you to be born. "

Carol slowly stood-up from the bed and left the room. She saw the blue-skinned man dressed in a Kree Army battlesuit sleeping peacefully on the couch. Her husband was too tired after he spared his wife. Carol carefully sat down on the other couch beside him and waited for him to wake up.

" I didn't realize my husband just saved me from Keener, " she pondered and glanced at his handsome face. " My son and I could have been dead by now. I guess he was indeed right from this. I could have listened to him earlier. "

Methu-Selah opened his eyes and turned around as he saw his wife smiling at him. He smiled back and instantly sat up on the couch.

" Good morning, " she greeted. " I'm home, thanks to you. "

" Good morning, my Starling, " he responded and stood up. The Kree Eternal walked over as Carol also stood-up.

" I missed you...." she said and hugged her spouse. " I really wanted to stay here before our baby arrives.  I don't want to be involved with...."

" I missed you, too. Welcome home. You're safe now, Carol. "