Chapter 37

(SEVERAL YEARS AGO: NEW YORK CITY, 2:00 PM)

Preparing for a nice cold water bath, Carol Danvers cladded in a long pink bathrobe and checked the water in her bath tub. She waited for it to be in full water. The half-Kree blonde was aware of the time that she was needed as Ms. Marvel at the meeting in the Avengers Tower before evening. She peeked at the doorway and checked at the clock's shorthand directly pointing at two.

She sighed in relief and happily thought, " I'm just in time to have a nice bath before going anywhere later. "

Carol was about to dip her feet and remove her bathrobe when she was ready to sink herself into the tub full of water. Suddenly, she suspiciously moved her head around and used her seventh sense, feeling like she was being watched.

" Danvers...." a deep and sinister voice echoed in her mind and chuckled. " I am watching what you're doing! It seems you're all set after your lovely and peaceful relaxation. Later on, the tables will turn for you! "

Carol heard the voice, angrily glared at nowhere, and telepathically asked, " Who the hell are you?! Why don't you show you up?! "

The male voice maniacally laughed in her mind and answered, " Well, it's better to give you a dramatic entrance before coming to the Avengers! How's that sound?! "

Without any notice, the door was opened with a loud blast when Carol instantly closed the faucet. She got startled to see two well built men with strangely colored skin and long hair. The first man was a rosy-skinned one with a bright aura on his body. His partner was wearing a metallic blue armor with cybernetic forearms. They were both evilly grinning at her and making her more uncomfortable to deal with.

Carol instantly illuminated her body, transforming into Ms. Marvel. She was cladded in a dark leotard with a yellow lightning bolt and a red sash wrapping around her waists. Her both fists were ignited with a bright yellow light, preparing to blast the two intruders.

" What do you two want?! " she indignantly asked.

" Very simple, " the pink-skinned man instantly replied and smirked. " My partner and I have reckoned about the feud between the mutants and the Avengers. Neither we belong to the X-Men nor the Inhuman Royal Family, we want to track down people whom we consider as threats like you! "

" Who the hell are you?! "

" My bad, we haven't introduce ourselves. The name's Psynapse and this is my partner Barrage. We're here to ruin and bring you into your instant failure to demise! "

Barrage darkly chuckled and transformed his forearms into a laser cannon. He was instantly blasting Carol down and sending her flying into the wall. She created a large crack and formed a hole. The objects on the wall instantly fell down. Carol moaned in pain and slowly stood up from where she got pushed by a powerful blast. She became more furious than ever and quickly flew to her first attacker, giving him another powerful blast. Barrage instantly fell down as he received an equivalent blow from the half-Kree woman.

Psynapse was unhappy at his partner's failure and grumbling. Then, he angrily glared at Ms. Marvel and radiated his pinkish aura from his head, giving her some mental blasts. Carol immediately dodged by hovering and flying. Then, she responded with a barrage of golden yellow photon blasts on her both fists. The Inhuman-Mutant ducked and avoided the other blasts. He was thinking of another way to subdue her. Then, he looked at Barrage as he was slowly gaining consciousness, groaning, and sitting up. The two Inhuman-mutant hybrid men were still evading from the half-Kree woman's destructive radiant strikes.

" Now, what?! " Barrage asked and gave his partner a suggestive look. " If I fight her, she's unstoppable. We have to make Ms. Marvel down! "

" I am thinking of making her subdued and dead in a couple of minutes, then, we'll leave this place, " Psynapse grinned and watched Ms. Marvel continuing her radiant strikes.