Chapter 48

(Appartement Cheney, Rue Champs de Elyséès: 8:30 PM)

After eating supper and studying and finishing his remaining some homework, Amnon took a box of milk and carefully poured out into his clear glass. Just then, he heard the evening TV news as his parents were watching.

" Dans l'actualité locale, la police enquête toujours sur l'incident du quartier de Saint Cloud survenu cet après-midi. Il y a 35 blessés et 2 morts. Selon les responsables, les rues concernées sont fermées jusqu'à la fin de l'enquête. Il y aura des itinéraires alternatifs pour aller à Saint Cloud. Le métro continue l'opération d'aller dans le quartier mentionné. "

" It looks like there will be a large volume of traffic that will happen on the streets going to Amnon's school, starting tomorrow, " Carol said and held her warm cup of coffee. " I hope he won't be having difficulties going there. "

" Right, " her Kree Eternal husband nodded and sipped his coffee. " Perhaps, we have to accompany him. You can't even tell that streets are safe nowadays. "

The young Kree Eternal hybrid boy overheard his parents and took his seat in between them, while holding his cold glass of milk. Methu and Carol looked at their son with concern when he sat down on his chair. They didn't want to use their telekinesis to their child.

" Kid, are you done with your homework? " his mother asked.

" Yes, mom, " Amnon nodded and sipped his glass of cow's milk. " It's quite easy. "

" If you need help, you can always ask for our help, " his father reminded.

" Sure. Sounds cool. "

" Are you supposed to go to bed by this time? "

Amnon couldn't answer their question and took another sip from his drink. He heard the most recent TV news and recalled that incident where he met a Jamaican street musician and played an acoustic version of David Bowie's Space Oddity. From this young innocent man's reminder from his parents, he was not supposed to talk to strangers, but he was amazed at the musician as he praised the Kree Eternal-Human hybrid's singing and playing. After performing, Amnon never expected another strange man who tried to chase him and caused another ruckus on the streets.

His parents looked concerned at their son and secretly read his mind. They exchanged glances while holding their coffee. Carol carefully blew off her hot drink to cool it off and slowly sipped it.

" Is there something you need to share to us, son? " Methu-Selah asked, pretending to be oblivious.

Amnon grew apprehensively and heard his father's question. He felt his heart quickly raising and thumping and looked at his parents' stares at him. The young blonde boy instantly drank his glass of cow's milk and grew a snow moustache on his upper part of his mouth, leaving the glass half-emptied. Then, he slowly wiped his lower part of his with a smooth paper towel.

" Dad...Mom..." Amnon nervously broke his silence and became sweaty. " I...I... "

" What are you going to tell us, Kid? " Carol calmly asked her son, being careful not to harshly reprimand him.

" I...I was there in that incident! " he instantly blurted out to his parents.

" Son, how come?! " the Kree Eternal asked anxiously.

" I'm sorry...I didn't expect that this had happened earlier....I was too nervous that you're gonna make me grounded and have a time-out for two hours. I already knew I am not supposed to talk to strangers, but a strange looking guy was after me! "