Chapter 4

(Ultimates/SHIELD Triskelion HQ, Washington DC, 8:00 AM)

Carol just woke up as she slowly sat on her bed. She checked on her gunshot wound which it returned into her normal skin. The mutant healed him last night as her boyfriend requested him to save her. She was saved, but somehow she felt empty for all those overwhelming events that happened in her life.

Methu-Selah, her Kree Eternal boyfriend was with her all along. He was her strength despite of everything. He understood of her skeletons which she made several days ago. Now, she realized what happened last night had made her thinking of the consequences.

Her boyfriend entered the room as she smiled and hugged him. He was in his pink-Kree appearance and in normal clothes. Carol was delighted to see him bringing something to eat for breakfast. She ate her share of bread and drank coffee with him.

" Methie, you're here, " she said. " Thanks for the breakfast. "

" I'm just checking my Starling to see if she's hungry, " he smiled and kissed her cheeks.

" How thoughtful of you, " the half-Kree woman kissed him back.

" Carol, there's a friend who wants to talk to you. I invited him here, " he held her hands.

" Who? "

" Miles Slader. "

Carol seemed to be surprised by the person's name. She got curious of who it might be which she never found it familiar. As she wondered to herself, she caught sight of a hooded figure poked his head in the doorway.

" Is she the one? " he curiously thought.

" Miles, come in... " the Kree Eternal spoke him in telepathy. " It's her. "

Miles Slader or Shadow Reaper looked a bit hesitant, but stepped into the room. Though it's hard to tell, she could tell that he had a hint of nervousness underneath that mask of his.

" Hello.. C-Carol..." he shakingly greeted.

" So, you must be Miles? " the blonde woman said and slightly smiled. " It's nice to meet you. "

" Don't worry, she's no longer the monster in the past few days, " Methu-Selah added. " She has some problems along with her. They're far complicated. "

He sighed lightly with more calm, " I gotcha, and.. Same here, I.. hope you're doing well right now. "

" Yeah, " Carol nodded. " Like I made hell out of a boy's prophecy, I ruined everything. Then, some HYDRA agents stalked and killed me. Everything has turned tables which I won the fight against Tony and the others. I should be dead last night. I deserved it. "

Reaper looked at her a bit and thought of something, before speaking up. He may be aware of those things that happened to her.

" Well... Speaking from experience people tend to mess up.. But... I don't think you're all to blame. Even if you are. You have always seemed like someone who get through tough times.. To get better.. Or, find something better.."

" Tell me, what is it? "

He thought for a bit before responding, " That might have to depend on what your heart tells you.."

Carol remembered those words from her counselor about having a private life aside from being a hero. She had fully understood what he meant. It was the same thing which her boyfriend had spoken of few days ago.

" I want to be a good influence for my son years from now, " she said. " If he only understands what I have done, I wish he would still love me for what I am. "

A SON'S RESTITUTIONजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें