Valentina

Just as the sun started to shine through the shades from what little sleep I did get last night. I got up feeling determined, like I told myself last night, I what answer. No I need answers! As I got ready for the day I was thinking how I can get there without Strider tagging along. Because he will most likely not like where I'm going to go. Especially because it's deep in the woods. I can't even believe I care what he thinks! I had only meet the guy not too long ago! I looked around for my phone when I found it I called Bri.

"Hello?" I felt bad because she sounded like she was still sleeping.

"Hey Bri, I need a favor?" I crossed my fingers.

I heard her yawn "Yeah sure, what's up?"

I bit my lip thinking if I should "I need a ride somewhere and by somewhere... I mean Pops place." I shut my eyes hoping she would agree with me.

I heard shuffling "as in Pops. You mean, your grandpa. The one who lives deep in the woods?" she said unsure.

I gave a light laugh "yeah, you know I wouldn't ask you if it wasn't important,"

She gave a low sigh "yeah, I know," there was a pause "can I ask why you want to go see him?"

"I need answers and I know he has them," I stated.

"I don't mean to pry but what kind of answers?" I knew she was nerves my grandpa can be scary at times.

"There's this guy who keeps coming in. He looks familiar like I've seen him somewhere before." I said it as if I was trying to convince myself.

"Of course you've seen him before. He is probably on his lunch break when he comes in," she said in a duh tone.

I shook my head "no that's not it," I sighed "it's okay Brianna. You don't have to take me. I'll find some other way,"

"Oh no, Val. I'll take you. I was just-... Tell me when you wanted to go?" She rushed out. But I didn't miss how she changed her mind at the last second.

Again I would not blame her. Because my grandpa is not one you want to miss with. Till this day I could not tell you why he was so intimidating. Even I get a little scared of him sometimes. It was the way his eyes turn cold when something doesn't sit right with him.

I looked at the time it was seven in the morning. I wanted to get there before night fall "right now, I want to get there before night fall." I said standing up walking into my room to pack an overnight bag "Oh and Bri pack an overnight bag,"

"Okay I'll be there in ten," The line went dead after that.

I threw my phone on my bed and pulled out my duffel bag. Setting it on the bed. I went to my dresser pulling out three sets of panties with matching bras. Than clothes I knew would be comfy to wear out there. I went into my bathroom and got the things I needed. As I was fixing my bag I felt hands slid around my waits. I looked down to see familiar hands. I turned my head looked up I gave a soft smile.

"Going somewhere?" he asked looking at all my things.

"Yeah, I decided to take Frank up on the vacation," I started to fix my things again.

"Where you going?" He asked stepping closer I was able to hear the uncertainty in his voice. "And why do you need a vacation?"

I sighed "I'm going to a cabin and Bri's going with me." I started "she should be here any minute," I felt him tense.

"You're going to a cabin right now? Your pregnant you should not be going to a god damn cabin." He was getting mad but he wasn't going to stop me.

"Yes, Strider. I'm going but you don't have to worry. Because I know that place well. I won't get hurt," I said turning around in his arms looking up at him.