Valentina

I had a smile when I came out the bathroom. Maya and Hayden where here and I still couldn't figure out why they call him Bloodbath. I'll find out later. Maya surprised when she asked me to go shopping I haven't been shopping in a long time. With a little bit of bickering with Strider about not wanting to take his money. He won. We were now on our way to the mail to have some girl time.

But my mind was on Bri.

Where could she be she had called me when I was in the shower. I missed her like crazy. But again, she said she was fine and that I needn't worry. But I am worried what kind of 'family friend' does not want to be named? I will be damned if he or she is one of Crip's men! An audible sigh felt my lips making Maya look at me.

"What's on your mind? Us old ladies have to stand together you know." She bumped my shoulder with hers.

"Where to start." My hands waved in the air "Bri is with a so called 'family friend.' The boys might be going to war with the Skulls. Strider thinks I can't hear him when he is in the office." I rolled my eyes at that.

"I understand you. I was like that with Hayden when we first started going out. Although none of my friends where taken. As yours. But I do trust the boys. They know what they are doing. For Brianna, I say trust her word. If she says she is find and doesn't sound hurt then try not to worry so much."

She had a point.

I wanted to tell her about the bigger picture. My family's history I need someone to talk to one who is not an assassin. One on the outside. "Maya can I tell you something. Something that has to stay between us no matter what?" I bit my lip while waiting for her answer.

"You can tell me anything. I would like to think we are better friends." I nodded looking at a dress. Holding it up for her to see she made a face shaking her head no.

I took a big breath in "My family has this big secret and it is eating me alive. Bri knows because her family is part of it. But she is not here." I looked at another dress but out it back.

Maya held up a dress for me but the color was kind of ugly. So I shook my head "What kind of secret?"

"One that might land you dead if you knew." I started looking a more dresses.

She let out a laugh but soon stopped when I didn't laugh along with her. "Oh, you're serious." I nodded "Okay, that bad huh?" Once again I nodded.

"Can I trust you to not run away? Because it would be bad if you do." I left no room for arguments.

She sighed shaking her head "I want to be terrified. But, I've seen Hayden do shit that is far beyond crazy. They don't call him Bloodbath for nothing. So I think I'll be able to handle whatever you throw my way."

"Why do they call him Bloodbath?" I just had to know since she threw that out there.

"Because when he gets super pissed. He goes on a killing spree creating nothing but well...a bloodbath." I nodded my head that understandable.

Holding up another dress. She shook her head "My family is in the assassin business. Apparently, my mom was one of the greatest to ever live. And I inherited everything she had."

It was quite for a few seconds so I looked over at her. Her eyes were huge she looked a little paler "You've got to be joking?" I shook my head no "Damn, that a big game changer. Any connect to the Rangers? Hayden keeps talking about them. He too thinks I can't hear him too." She rolled her eyes.

To say I was shocked. She got over that bump fast "Um...yeah they are my cousins and the leader is my grandpa. I've been learning the ropes of everything about this 'family business.' I am at a road block of should tell Strider or not."