Valentina

I was getting the snacks ready while Elijah was eating a lunch. Bri was coming over and I was very happy about it. I felt like I haven't seen her in a while. Looking to Elijah just to make sure everything was okay. Then I got back to work making finger foods. Like mini corndogs, popcorn, chips, and sandwiches. We were going to have a little picnic with a small BBQ out back. Strider had a big back yard complete with a little playground and I was excited to see a swing set.

Swings are awesome!

"Mama, can we get a dog?" Looking up from putting seasoning on the meat to Elijah.

I thought about it for a bit. A dog would be nice to have around when Strider was out. "Let's ask daddy when he gets home. But maybe we should start with something small," Elijah made a little pout face.

"Like what kind of small?"

"Don't look so sad sweetheart. I was think maybe a hamster or a fish?" I think they are good to start off with a good way to learn responsibility.

"No, they are no fun. I want a dog so I can run around with him outside."

I sighed out looking at the time and realized why he was a little cranky. It was his nap time. Setting the meat down I washed my hands and then went to pick up Elijah "I think it's time for a nap." He started to whine a little more saying he didn't want to go to bed. But I knew we had to keep this routine it was important. Laying him down then pulling the blanket over him.

"Sweetheart, I know you're tired. You didn't get to much sleep last night," I spoke softly running my hands through his hair.

"But what if the scary sounds come back?" It broke my heart that he was scared of thunder but I remember what my mom use to tell me when I was little.

"What to know what my mom use to tell me when I was sacred of the thunder?" He nodded "She said that it was God playing bowling with the devil. That the rain was the angles laughing too hard because God was winning."

"Why does it make a loud sound and the light that goes like this." He made little zig-zags with his hands.

I took his little hands in mine kissing them "The loud sound and light is God getting a strike. Earn points to win the game." he smiled. I was able to see he relaxed a lot.

"So I don't have to be scared?"

"That's right, there is nothing to be sacred of. Always remember daddy and me are here for you." I placed a kiss on his forehead and tucked him in some more "love you honey,"

I closed his door half way and went back to finish making preparing the food. I smiled on how much I loved being a mom never in my life did I think I was going to be a good mom. Yes granted, Elijah is older but it's a good start and he is such a sweetheart. I was glad Strider has allowed me to step into this roll for him. He could have picked anyone, anyone who wasn't pregnant. Yet, here I was in his kitchen making dinner. I was brought out my thoughts when someone knocked on the door. So putting the meat down once again I headed to the door.

I smiled when I saw Bri standing on the other side. Swinging the door opened I pulled her into a hug "Oh my God! I've missed you much." I mumbled into her hair

"Man, I know. I feel like it's been years since we last talked." she placed her hands over my belly "Man look how big you are! You look ready to pop." we both started to giggle like crazy people.

"You know that there is two bikers just sitting outside the house right?" I frowned at her statement.

What bikers?

"What do you mean?" I stepped more outside and sure enough there was two bikers outside. I knew it was Striders doing "go ahead and go inside. I'll be right back." Bri nodded and disappeared inside.