Valentina

The sun was shining happily in to the room. It was going to be a very good day if you ask me. I woke up with a smile today. But I will have to do my happy dance after I throw up. Rushing to the bathroom I emptied my stomach. Once that was over I did my morning routine. Which consisted of having a shower, getting ready for work. Putting my hair in a ballet bun, and then my shoes. I went down stairs to meet Frank and get something to eat like every morning. I keep forgetting to go to the store to buy something for my kitchen.

I should really do that today.

Getting down stairs I looked around for Frank only to find he was not here. Which is weird, he is usually here before I come down. Al. who was the cook was not here yet too he usually comes about ten. So I started on my breakfast and ate it slowly. I didn't want to upset my stomach right now. Looking down at my phone just in time to see Frank's name flash, putting my fork down I answered.

"Hey Frank,"

"Hey Val, something came up with my mom. I won't be able to come in today. So I need you to man the place for me." His voice was on edge a bit.

"Oh, I hope she is alright and yes I can whatever you need," I replied.

"She is okay for now. She is at the hospital I'll find out more when I get there. But listen. I have this party coming in today. My Son and some of my old friends. I called my son and told him what has happened. That I left you in charge of the restaurant they will be there soon to set up." I nodded taking in what he said.

I didn't know he had a son.

"Okay, I can do that. Is it closed off to the public?" I asked next.

"Yes it is, so put out the sign as well. I'll call later to see how things are going." I was about to hang up when he called out "Oh and Val, my son's name is Aidan. It is an all-day thing I already called everyone in as well."

Sighing I looked around, I wonder what kind of party? I went outside to put the sign out that read. "Sorry, restaurant is close for a private party." I was about to walk inside. When someone called out to me. "Valentina!" I turned to see Hayden once again

I smiled and waved "we got to stop meeting like this." I joked, this is twice now. "How are you?"

He laughed nodding "Not my fault, and Pretty good I think. What about you?"

"That's good and I'm doing well,"

He looked down shaking his head "did you get bigger from the last time I've seen you?"

Is he going to say that every time he sees me?

"Are you going to say that every time we meet? Because if you are you should know I will get even bigger." We both laughed in agreement.

"You work here?"

I couldn't help but smile "I like this job. Frank is like family to me,"

He nodded smiling "Yeah, Frank is good people,"

He looked at someone behind me, so I turned to follow his gaze.

I saw four big guys walking our way. As I looked at them you can tell they owned every room they walk into. Anywhere they go for that matter. My eye's landed on one of them. He caught my eye his eyes bored into mine. Again those grey eyes. I can tell he was analyzing me, so I looked away from him as they reach us.

"Boss, this is Valentina the one Frank left in charge," Hayden put his hand on my shoulder

Boss? I thought his name was Aiden? He put his hand out for me to shake. Putting my small hand in his "Nice to meet you. Valentina, Frank said you were good people and I value his word. You can call my Aiden or Boss. Whichever you prefer," he finally letting go of my hand.