Valentina

The rain had finally stopped when I was about half way home. I figured that I should find the will to get up and go home, because it sure was not a good idea. With me being pregnant. Walking through the front door then closing it as quite as I was able too. A sigh of relief left me when my dad was nowhere in sight. He will be pissed off that I came home this late. I started to tip toe to the stairs in hopes I can get change and dry before he sees. But I had no such luck. Just as I was about to get to the stairs he popped out from the kitchen. I looked at him with wide eyes, scared of what he has to say. Wrapping one arm around my waist as if it would protect me from him.

I waited.

"What the fuck is this." He hissed out stepping forward making me take one back. I had no idea what he was going on about until he threw my pregnancy test on the floor in front of me. Making my eyes go wide with fear.

No!

"You went through my things?" My voice came out horse for crying in the rain. My body started to shake and not from the rain this time. But, from my dad.

"I can go through your shit anytime I want. This is my house! Is this shit yours?" he yelled at me causing me to flinch back at his tone. When I didn't answer him he got even madder and next thing I knew I felt pain go across my left cheek.

The hit was hard sending me to the floor. Putting my hand over my stinging cheek. I looked up. This was the first time he had ever hit me. I felt tears brim my eyes as I looked at him. "I thought I raised you better. I didn't raise a whore, and I'm sure in hell not going to help you with this shit! You have till tomorrow to pack your shit and get out." with that he turned on his heal leaving me on the floor.

Watching his back retreat into the back room. I could not believe that he just hit me, he use to just yell. But this. This was a whole next level for him deep down I wanted to feel bad that he kicked me out. But truth is I felt relief, what if he hits me again? Or worse he beats me till I lose the baby? I got up and ran to my room, what was I even going to take with me because I can't take everything. I laid on my bed looking up at the ceiling as silent tears ran down my cheeks. Where was I even going to go? I can't go to Brianna's my dad will still see me. I need a place I can't be homeless not with a baby on the way.

I need to find a job first.

***

The loud sound of my alarm woke me up. Rolling over I rubbed my eyes I wasn't even sure when I went to sleep. Sitting up in my bed I got that sick feeling once again so I raced to the bathroom. When was this morning sickness going to go away? I'm so over this now. Walking back into my room. I pulled out my big duffel bag and started putting my clothes. Some pictures and then my tooth brush. I didn't know what else to take since I did not have anywhere go. I even texted Bri last night. She wanted to skip school with me again but I told her no.

Taking once last look at my room I left the house. I have never felt so down in my life, I never even felt like this when Kim was telling me shit. But some of the things she said to me do hit home. But, I pushed through it. Here I was sitting at a little café about ten blocks from my house. Old house I mean. I took the liberty of picking up a newspaper to look at the housing section. I can find something, I hope. Over the past summer I got a job. Working long hour and put the money away from college, my dad never knew I got the job I hid it from him. I even snuck money from him when he was drunk and passed out. Not like he needed it anyways. Right now I have five thousand dollars. That should help me get a small apartment and cover the first few months of rent till I get a job.

Maybe I can asked my old boss if I can maybe get my job back. He liked how I worked around the restaurant. Always cheerful with people even when the customers were mean to me. Picking up a newspaper I started looking for apartments then I will go see Frank. As I as looking down circling ones that seemed good enough a shadow came over the table.