38. Another usual day, maybe

Eleanor

What? Why? My jaw dropped upon hearing Mieal really wanted me to stay with these morons! I simply submitted my head to her dispersal putting it beside the plate I had been eating from. I just wanted the earth to swallow me rather than hearing the nonsense from these men who claimed to be enemies but could gossip better than the pink-gang-girls.

"Riri?" Lele called out to me, finally! The sudden sense of calmness devoured me as my arms circled around her waist, "where have you been?" I asked holding on to her. Ryan's eyes fell on my stupid actions and a polite smile escaped his lips. "Where else? I was trying to make a few more bets." Lele replied rubbing my hair. She took a protective covering over me upon seeing Ryan. "Bennets and Martins on the same bench is such a disastrous combination." She commented sitting beside me.

Pete shot up his head to look at someone who seemingly was new to him, "Young lady, I don't see any popular tag around you, who might you be?" He raised his brows. The other boys didn't correct him either. All these narcissistic jerks, I tell you! "I'm someone you can never be. An average girl." Lele smiled leaning on the table.

Pete uttered a slow chuckle, "I bet you're trained by Mimin Renaldi."

He was right, Lele was actually Mimi's secret weapon planted to protect me against these handsome devils. "At least I'm having someone to guide me, unlike you. You do what you think is right without knowing how it would affect others." She replied as calmly as Mimin would.

"Typical Mimin Renaldi." Caleb coughed putting his plate aside too. How long had they been eating for? "What do you mean?" Jade showed up from the thin airs, wow, being protective husband, are we?

Caleb had a genuine smile seeing him, "I'm saying typical Mimin Renaldi, someone who lives in her la-la world." I could definitely see anger booming in Jade's eyes and I did feel Caleb was doing this intentionally but you see, Nobody messes with our la-la lands! "What's this new grudge you're developing for my sister?" I asked piercing my eyes through his soul, "Do you want to come somewhere with me? Trust me, you won't like it." I warned him with a grim reaper stare. Ryan groaned unexpectedly followed by bits of laughter from his side, "Sorry, but I would be very happy to go anywhere with you. Just a sweet bubbly little minion can't harm me."

"Which side of hers is sweet, which one is bubbly and wait, little minion?" Liam snapped, "Clearly she is a female Mafia ready to take us all to her den and shove us into our coffins."

I rolled my eyes banging the table, "You're the first one going with me."

He repeated my actions, "Oh yes, we'll see who comes out first and how." He winked before picking up his bag and turning to leave but paused after just one step, "You guys have a date today, right?" He pointed at me and Ryan. Noah's eyes turned to glare at me while Jade already had Ryan's collars in his grip, "Stay away from her." He warned while Noah came forward to grab my arm and pull me aside, "You better not get personal, Bennet, Renaldi's are not your toys." He warned Pete almost dragging me along with him as we left the Cafeteria.

I don't believe Liam had a plan like this? So this is what he meant with the 3-day challenge? "What's wrong?" I asked in confusion to Noah. "Bennet's only want what we adore and clearly, you're the only Renaldi all the Martins care for equally." He cupped my cheeks, "You're so much more precious to us than you think, Riri." He patted my hair gently.

What's wrong with these boys today? I remained quiet until he dropped me back to my class and vanished. Although I was in no mood to attend any class today, my attendance was on a hiatus making it compulsory for me to be present. The guy with the scent of morning dew had saved me a seat, without keeping his bag this time.

Sliding simply into my side, I leaned forward a little towards Liam, "Hi, my supposedly future hubby." I whispered in his ears. For a moment there was pin-drop silence before Liam jumped from his seat holding his heart strong, "That was the scariest thing I've ever heard! Damn you, Eleanor Renaldi!"

Everyone had their attention fixed on the scared 20 years old girl slash Liam Martin looking extremely surprised as if he just found out he was pregnant after a one-night -stand. I suppressed my lips as hard as I could to prevent myself from laughing out. "God, relax boy, just fooling around," I smirked holding his stare hard. It took him great courage to sit beside me again and getting into the frame of studying more while looking at me weirdly from time to time.

Liam was the nicest guy to the girls around him but today was a very weird day. These golden and silver boys were cooking something and I could bet my sisters had already guessed it. But it would be an understatement to say that my sisters were pure Saints. I don't believe they convinced Dad to allow Mieal to return to Linkton High without cracking a deal.

"Why are you here?" Patricia poked my back with the tip of her pen, "Ouch, stay back missy." I annoyingly replied. She had her eyes glued to Liam who himself was busy doodling, what was he thinking anyway?

Patricia moved her pen's tip to Liam and repeated her question, "why are you here?" As usual, the moron was too busy to reply to his little street pet.

"Why would you ask us why are we here? Isn't this a classroom? Aren't you a little too dumb?" I taunted. She continued to irritate Liam who tried his best to ignore her, "Stay, little bitch." Lele mumbled walking past her.

Patricia's face heated red, "What? What did you call me?" She stood up, stomping the pen on her table and braking it. "Bitch, little bitch." I smiled.

"I heard it, Renaldi, how dare she call me little?" She roared again. Wait, what? She angry over little? "She called you a Bitch, Bennette!" I snapped my fingers standing up in front of her. "I know, it's not like I'm not a bitch, but I'm a full-grown one, how dare she use the word little to belittle me." She ranted using her stupid mouth.

"Oh My God! Bennette, you seriously need to consult a psychiatrist." I rolled my eyes trying to walk ahead when the hot girl with no brains came running inside our class in her studded heels and landed right into Liam's arms. "Wow, red carpet runners, are we?" Lele laughed pulling her away from him by her arm, "kindly keep distance, this gentleman is out of your league." She added forcing a smile.

"I wish if I had the time to deal with you right now..." Venicia breathed heavily before dropping the bomb of the century, "...Bennette boys and Martin boys have gotten into a fight, they look so cool!"

"Cool?" Liam almost ridiculed rushing out of the class, "Get some brain girl." He added before disappearing through the corridors. Ryan who was about to enter the classroom rushed after him too. But, who would be fighting, exactly? Jade and Caleb? Jade and Pete? Pete and Noah? Or... Oh No!