37. Renaldi's and their secrets

There's a very fine line between getting guided by the devil and the God and it totally depends on that one step that you take when you're standing at the centre of that line. Currently, my beloved Dad was in the mood of Devil or God, I had no clue so to find out, I took that one step inside his room. I had no other choices, you see.

"I heard you've been looking for me," I said in a voice so hushed nobody could hear. He was busy with the files of admissions as I could see the blue ribbons on them while there was one with a green ribbon. Wait, it can't be. "Are you...?" I almost asked the stupidest question when he stopped me in between with his dangerous stare, "You Miss. Renaldi needs to at least complete your studies in order to win a fight we lost 2 years ago." He said firmly.

"Lost?" I was confused. I don't remember losing any fights, "but we got you out of the jail, how did we lose?" Dad looked dissatisfied with my questions, as usual, I couldn't make out what exactly was he expecting, "Are you suggesting returning Linkton High to its original owner?" I finally confronted the right question.

He suddenly lifted his lips into a bright smile, "Linkton High has been in foreign hands for a good few years now, it needs to return to the real owners. Your Great Grandfather Xander Linkton Renaldi established it and we must take it back." He said handing me the file with the green ribbon which read, Readmission. I was permitted to return to Linkton High officially as a student. My eyes lit up upon realising how dad wrote my full name on the file, Mieal Linkton Renaldi. He was showing authority and he wanted me to do the same. "I'm in." I smiled.

"So am I." Mimin smiled too walking inside his cabin. Her foot was still in pain, but we Renaldi Twins had a reputation of being stubborn and prioritising our family before anything else. "It's a good thing I bought some shares 2 years back when Linkton High went down." She smirked winking at us. Dad seemed proud but little did they know, I myself had such a secret too. The only thing different was mine was not directly focused on Linkton High.

After Dad gave us a clean chit to begin working towards our real goal, we the most wanted Renaldi Twins walked out of his office with an ID card of being a student at Linkton High each around our necks. Everyone stared at us blankly but we were habitual to this. Mimi was my strength and I now had her support, I was sure getting Linkton High back would be a hassle but it won't be while she was around.

"I thought you wouldn't come back," Mimin whispered into my ears, "I thought so too, but it was him, I guess he doesn't want to let go of our unnamed marriage so easily," I replied to her. She was satisfied as her fingers wrapped mine walking ahead.

"That's why I love my father-in-law," Noah mumbled walking beside me, his eyes kept staring at the new ID card I was wearing. "You see, he loves surprises," Jade repeated his actions as he stepped beside Mimin helping her walk better. Weirdly, she didn't resist him. It was already half past the day and we were back to the cafeteria which meant the whole stupid crowd would have their attention on us. Once I claim this school, these rules change the first thing.

"Sit here, Mimin." Caleb offered. Giving a very polite glance to her's truly Jade Martin, she smirkingly sat beside Caleb. She liked to get on his nerves the most. I sat in front of her while Noah sat beside me which was a seat beside Liam. Jade couldn't find a suitable place so he sat in between Liam and Noah which was in front of Mimin. Riri came over to sit with us too leaving her side chick, Lele with her gang. "So, you're officially a Linktonite!" Riri side hugged me getting all excited when I gave her little brain some exercise to do, "Renaldi's have always been Linktonites, it's high time I take the title too."

Everyone glared at me for a while, my statement was obviously weird to their ears but then turned back to their food ignoring it. Noah had sensed something was cooking maybe that's why he kept on feeding me everything in his plate.

"The chocolate brownie is too good." Mimin licked her tongue. Usually, it would make Jade Martin crack a stupid joke but rather he picked up a piece of brownie from his plate and was about to pass it to Mimin's when Caleb's folk stopped him in between, gently pulled it towards himself with a small folk fight, forced Jade to help him take it to Caleb's mouth and he gulped it down in a single go. The slow-motion of this scene would have been commendable. "What the hell?" Jade yelled. Caleb licked the corners of his tongue preventing the chocolate from oozing out as he wobbled in between his bite, "I love it too."

"You two would make a perfect couple, you know?" Riri clapped her hands together teasing Jade but shockingly received a weirder reply, "I know, right?" It was Caleb tormenting our handsome angry young man. Mimin broke into fits of laughter first and then we all joined her. "Enough you guys." Jade tried to act rude but I was guessing Mimin's laugh had a different impact on him as it had 2 years ago. Maybe, it was not a mistake for our documents to get mixed up after all.

Mimin passed on her can of coak to her namesake husband, "Cooldown, Mr Martin, take a chill pill. Your soon to be boyfriend Caleb Bennet won't like to see you get so nervous." She teased. Caleb played along really well as his fingers reached to touch the tip of Jade's nose living him stunned in his position. It was very difficult for someone to make Noah smile and these idiots have successfully managed to make him roll down laughing. Jade was genuinely nervous after being harassed at an emotional level. "Stop it already." Liam tried to defend his brother or maybe not because of what he said next came as the biggest punchline tonight, "My brother looks like an exchanged bride dressed in a veil about to enter a bridal chamber and wait for her arranged husband to get the real feel of life."

Oh My My! I was speechless. Riri gave Liam a high-five and Caleb pretended to blush so well as if he was really blushing to tease Jade and irritate him on a spiritual level. "Yeah, you better not mention marriages anymore. It hits hard here." Noah said pointing on Jade's heart. He stood up after he had taken a lot more than he could and began to walk away. We all continued to laugh as much as we could until Mimin ended up choking on her food. Her coughs begun to intensify and Caleb tried to help her but he was soon replaced by Jade who gently held her, helped her drink water and calm her down. It was a sweet gesture especially when it came from the great Jade Martin. "That's why we should not laugh at the help." Jade winked knocking on her forehead before walking away.

"Seems like we missed a party." Ryan made his way to our table along with his over hairy brother Pete. I really didn't know how people find this man full of testosterone so attractive? To me, he appeared just like a chimpanzee. "Your brother almost got married to mine." Liam laughed again ogling at their shocked expressions, "Goodness, give me the scoops, Martin." Pete sat in Jade's place beside Noah. They were so much more gossip queens than we could ever be.

The Golden Spoon boys and Silver spoon boys used to be very good friends in their initial years and that was all because of us, the Renaldi girls. Ironically, Linkton High was the only thing binding us in those days but now, it was the only thing separating us. I turned to Mimin who looked a little displeased with the boys getting extra comfortable with each other.

"You guys enjoy, we gotta go," Mimin said keeping her plates aside. As much as I knew Mimi, I was sure she had her doubts at this moment. Weirdly, I felt the discomfort too. "I'll go with you..," I stood up to help her walk, "...you stay here, Riri."