34. Liam Martin, you asshole!

With every passing breath, the heat in my heart was growing. I was not sure how I was going to face the situation, but I was sure, there was no way I was marrying the Devil's son. Liam was evil, and some part me was telling me it was a plan he had put up, but again, he was not smart enough so, could it be a plan, especially his?

After the great continuous time bombs Jade dropped on the family one by one, I was now sitting on the roof top, cold and insecure of my future. Mimin and Jade were given 3 days to decide for a proper solution or a proper wedding date. Miael had locked herself in the guest room, away from Noah who himself was, well still calm.

I had fled the scene of crime where my dreams and ambitions got brutally murdered an hour ago, and I was sure everyone was willing to take a break to sync in the informations. Isn't it weird, we tend to act rashly in all kind of situations, but when our decisions bite us in our back, we directly blame it on fate. I do agree betting on such a serious and unreasonable issue was wrong but even the heavenly God knows, Jade and Mimin are the last couple possible on Earth. How could they suddenly be declared married, that too for 2 years already?

"Are you seriously counting stars?" Liam's husky voice dropped ice on my ears. He wrapped a Pashmina around me before sitting beside me. "They need privacy too, leave them alone."

"Stop annoying me." I huffed, absorbing the locked heat from the Pashmina. "I'm not in a mood for your words."

"Neither am I," he rubbed his hands against each other and slowly blew on his palms, "I would rather disturb the privacy of these stars, then trouble your thoughts tonight."

I ignored his words, although I didn't wanted to. Liam was weird. Unlike Jade, whose soul purpose was to annoy and hate Mimin, Liam, even after being my archnemesis since before even I was born, was not that hateful towards me. He did stuff that would hurt me, but it was not because he wanted to. Well, at least not always.

"What are we going to do?" I mumbled closing my eyes.

"Are you stressed?" He smiled gazing at the stars.

I turned to look at him with furrowed eyes, "No, I'm enjoying everything."

"Good." His smiled widened. "You should be enjoying it. After all, not everyday you are termed as Liam Martin's Fiancee."

"Shut up!" I yelled kicking him. He rolled to the other side suppressing his cry.

"See, you get to kick me as well, and I don't hit you back." He laughed struggling to fight the pain.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked harshly, "What is your problem?"

"You!" He pointed at my face. "You, Eleanor Renaldi are my biggest problem. I don't understand, you have got the most happening life since childhood and yet you take it as a stress always. Come on silly, grow up, learn to absorb fun, breathe!"

I blinked a few times still taking in his words. How can he be so chilled out and give me advices to enjoy everything in such a critical situation?

"You do realise, if I really begin to enjoy everything, we'll be standing next to each other in a chapel, taking each other as husband and wife. I have not even got a chance to make a boyfriend, you really think I'll marry you?" My anger rolled up on my sleeves as I grab his collar forcefully pulling him closer.

His morning dew filled eyes were even gleaming in this dark night, "Then make one." He mumbled, my grip over his collar suddenly loosened.

"Excuse me?" I took my hand back which he forcefully pulled back.

"Ryan seems interested in you, why don't you give him a chance?" He asked so authoritatively as if he owned my answer more than I did. "You would get rid of me for once and all."

"You do know that's not a solution? I don't need a boyfriend. I need freedom." I freed my hand from his grip standing up, "why do you think I was away all these years? Had I known this was going to happen, I would have stayed with Grandma."

"Cool then, let me give your freedom." He smiled shoving his hands in his pockets as he stood beside me. "You know, it's an art to be free and feel free."

"What do you mean?" I wrapped the pashmina a little more. "Are you planning another new trick?"

His brown hair bounced back with his neck before he returned to match my eyes with a smirk I had never seen before, "I'm going to teach you, how to live!"

"I'm already living. Thank you." I rolled my eyes turning around only to be stopped by his perfect grip. What is up with him suddenly?

"You're not living Renaldi, you're just worrying. Forget about the bet, forget about the future, just give me a 3 days, I'll teach you life." His words seemed genuine but then, they were coming out of Laim Martin's mouth, how can they be actually true?

"What are you cooking?" A smile slipped my lips betraying my intention to never fall in his trap.

"You'll know tomorrow." He lifted up my chin with his index finger, "let's get down, it's getting cold."

So again, unknowingly, I agreed to let him fool around knowing clearly he would mess up my life entirely. It was hard for me to understand, why? Why was I so inclined towards him? Why was he always the one to effect me the most? Why was he always there, where I was supposed to be facing things alone?

I went inside Mimin's room, she was already sleeping in the bed.  Miael was on the couch, leaving the other side of the bed for me. After such a harsh day, Mum decided to stay at Martin's. I don't think she had also expected all her daughters to end up with the Martin boys.

"Sleeping?" Liam's text popped up on my phone screen.

"Yep." I replied. He was weird, as always.

Another text popped up from him,
"Yeah, right. Anyways, see you at 8 tomorrow. "

"Sorry, can't make it." I replied.

"Don't worry, I'll make you make it!" He replied back.

This psycho son of devil! He can never improve! I washed up the extra pressure over myself quickly. Miael's face had trails of tear drops running down the sides of her eyes. She sure was ruined. I picked up a blanket and covered her. Mimin's eyes were open this time when I went to bed, she staring at the ceiling blankly. I could bet she hadn't noticed me.

"Riri, time for bed." She ordered me as if I was still a kid while she kept on ignoring the world.

So inhumane.

"You're up?" I asked laying behind her.

"No." A tear drop ran down her cheek too. "I'm sorry though."

"You don't have to be. I was the one to get into the bet." I closed my eyes snuggling in the blanket.

"I messed up all of us this time." Mimin mumbled covering herself with her blanket too. I didn't respond to her this time. She was struggling the most. She had lost her ocean, she had lost her freedom, she was forced with Jade, she had the burden the ruin Miael's marriage on her heart and now, she was on the other side of bet, where she was to pose as my bridesmaid.

It was a completely weird tale going on, none of us knew, how to face the sun next morning? We were all entangled in our own mess and we were all connected with just few documents. Life plays these tricks to show us our real fate, I guess, I really was suppose to consider Liam Martin as an ally.

"Liam Martin, you asshole." I sighed drifting off to sleep.