23. All about confusions.

Back at home, I cuddled my teddy bear still obsessed with the scent of rain. It was 10 in the evening and Eleanor had been torturing me with a Mughal soup she had learned to keep me warm. I somehow escaped her drama by hiding myself into the blankets and pretended to be deep in sleep. Luckily, she had already fallen into my trap. Her almost blonde hair jumped into the air along with our mother's perfectly blonde hair as they both got engaged in their evening routine yoga. Yes, the ladies in this family were the weirdest. I guess that's why Dad liked to spend most of his day in the backside of the house.

It was around 11 when someone knocked at the door of my room. I wasn't sleeping but in no case, I wanted to go through that torturous soup again.

"Miael, you've got a parcel," Mum called from downstairs.

Parcel? at this hour? Another one of their tricks.

"I'm asleep, but the door is open." I pretended to yawn.

The doorknob rotated followed by a slow screech. I didn't hear any extra sounds except for the one where the door was shut again with a slow bang.

I peeked in from my blankets to look at what had they put in my room. I couldn't sleep with lights on, thus the darkroom was making it difficult for me to see. I crawled my fingers to the side of the bed and after a few attempts finally reached the table lamp placed beside. My arm getting colder by the minute, I snuggled back into the sheets as soon as I turned the lights on. I got on my stomach, rotated my body upside down to the foot side of the bed and crawled over like a snake to take a look at what these ladies had just gifted me. 

Removing the layers of my blankets, I grumpily opened my eyelids controlling a sneeze.

"You know," my earlobes went numb as his cold voice reached them, "this Mughal soup is really good for you." He tasted.

It felt as if Mt. Everest itself stood up from the Himalayas and buried me underneath. My eyes were gazing at the only person they were afraid of these days.

"N...Noah?" It came out as a question, again. I quickly covered myself under the blankets hiding my no-makeup slash almost drooling face.

On getting no reply I peeked out of the blanket to find him gone. Technically, he was never there and it seemed to be just my imagination.

"Why else would Noah Martin be in my room at this hour?" I laughed slowly, finally getting out of the warm sheets and sat on the bed hugging my legs.

My mind was a disaster after finding out all that Noah was doing was out of sympathy. Well, I was looking for the answer myself but sympathy was not the word that I was willing to accept. I really didn't have any feelings or any expectations from Noah Martin but my heart was in some different time zone. I was confused for no reason and now I had begun to hallucinate. Even though he wasn't here, the scent of rain was still surrounding me. It was like I would turn to shut the lamplight and he would be sitting on the couch magically.

I rolled my eyes dismissing the thoughts and turned to shut the lamp lights. I turned it off and quickly turned it back on as my eyes popped out of their cage. What the hell? Am I really hallucinating twice in just a single minute?

"I'm working here," Noah typed continuously at his laptop, "stop fooling around."

Oh My God!

What the hell?

No! No! No! No!

I turned off the light again thinking he would disappear the next time I turn them on.

Tip-top, tip-top, tip-top, tip-p-p!

"Why aren't you disappearing?" I pushed the button continuously out of frustration.