32. Truth in the House

Being with your other half is the best feeling in the world and I literally had my other half with me since before I was born, my twin. Well, not exactly the identical one, yet she was still a part of me.

"So, I'll get going then?" Miael smiled brushing my hair.

I pulled up her hand sticking beside, "Where to?"

"To her husband? Hope you don't mind?" Noah unlocked the door.

In your dreams.

"I do actually, I want to stay with my sister for a little longer. It's been so long." Miael replied to him before I could even think of a reason to stop her.

Noah twitched his brows, "excuse me?"

"Please Noah?" I snuggled into Mieal's arms.

"But..." he paused without defining his expressions and simply left shutting the door behind him. He slowly opened it again, "just for today."

"Fine with me." I chuckled.

"Yeah, we'll see." Miael hugged me.

I just loved spending time with her and I had smoothly managed to make her stay away from Noah. They looked good together, but they would have looked better if they were not forced in the first place. Miael was always a free soul, she was the only one amongst us who had the courage to challenge Dad face to face. We stayed together the whole night as I was not allowed to leave my room because of my burnt feet, Riri and mum returned home along with Dad. The whole night we discussed over the 2 years that felt like ages. She told me how Dad treated her, and how she had no other hopes to reach up to him again. I don't know how would he react to finding out the truth?

The next morning I woke up wrapped in the blankets only to find Mieal missing. I looked around forcing my eyelids to open up when I saw her playing with her curls at the balcony. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing." She smiled.

"Miael?" Aunt Felicia called.

"It's unlocked." She replied covering herself with a pashmina.

The doorknob turned swiftly, "Good morning girls. Are we going to college or we're helping each other in the kitchen?" Aunt Felicia asked.

"I think Mimin can rest for a day more, I'll help you in the kitchen till then," Miael replied softly.

"Morning Mrs. Martin." I yawned.

"Morning!" They both replied in chorus.

I chuckled awkwardly, "Morning sister."

"Does it still hurt?" Aunt Felicia asked.

"A little." I touched the wound.

"Get freshened up, and then join us for breakfast." She winked smiling brightly. How can someone be so charged this early in the morning?

"Aunt, can we have a proper family dinner tonight? I mean with everyone, including my parents and uncle Martin?" I pouted.

She took a deeper look at my face, "well, since it was ruined yesterday, then, surely we can."

"You're the best Aunt!" I clapped my hands.

"Get washed up quickly then!" She repeated my actions and left the room.

I rubbed my face softly trying to free myself from the laziness.

Suddenly there was another knock at the door. "Morning, Mrs. Martin, up already?" It was Noah.

Miael giggled letting lose her hair bun before replying, "you hated getting up this early, didn't you?"

"Can I come in?" He asked like a gentleman.