40. Somehow married

SALAAM BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!!!!
HOW ARE WE 40 CHAPTERS DEEP? I can't believe this... I hope all of you are well.. how long do you want us to go on??? There's still a lot of exciting chapters to come so just stay waiting okay???? And sorry if the waiting takes some time!!! I appreciate all of you for reading!!!!

AQSA's POV*
I'm about to lose my mind. There's a staff redundancy happening at the hospital. People are losing their jobs, it's heartbreaking. People who care for these patients and work tirelessly to get everyone healthy are being terminated just because funds are not enough. Which I'm not buying by the way, it's just misplaced priorities.

Reducing staff also means longer shifts for the remaining staff. Oh back pain my old friend, we are about to hang out for sometime.

I think , as I sit on the couch drinking coffee. Youssef sitting next to me having his after morning work-out meal.

Things were getting hectic for both of us. His career was demanding more of his time and energy and so was mine.

We could hardly see each other during the day. I came back at least at 7pm. I would be tired. Now I officially had only one day off. I was on call at least 3 times a week. I looked dead, I needed to adjust.

'Maybe we should hire someone to help around the house.' Youssef proposed.
Yeah the guy taking care of our back yard wasn't enough right now.

We could hardly keep up with the chores to be honest. I didn't even like how our house was looking right now. I didn't even like the eye bags and dark circles I had right now.

I nod.

'It'll be nice if we get someone who will help with the cooking and cleaning.'

'I'll ask Ameera if she can help us with that.'

'Okay.' Youssef nods.

I was going to the hospital in an hour. I needed to get ready.

'What time will you be back?' Youssef asks me as I walk into the living room after getting ready.

'My shift ends at 7pm.'

'Okay, take care.'

'In sha Allah, you too.'

I drive to the hospital and change into my scrubs and my white coat.
I take my tab and start checking today's schedule . I stand waiting for Dr.Parker to get here while talking to a nurse. I scroll and swipe. It is going to be a busy day.
'Dr.Aqsa, you are here.'
'Yes Dr.Parker... what are we starting with..'

We talk cases and visit the patients pre-op then go into surgeries.

Familiar faces walk towards me. A patient and his parents.
'Hi Dr. Aqsa..' they all greet me.
I greet back and smile. Harry wasn't too energetic and I gathered he was in pain. So I take him to an examination room to examine him alongside his parents as I page Dr.Parker.
I ask Harry some questions about how he's feeling and the pain. I start examining him as Dr.Parker walks in.
She asks more questions and she orders more tests to be done on Harry.

'Is everything okay?' His mom asks me.

'Is it very serious? He is going to be okay right?'

'We won't know until the test results are back.'

'How long will that take?'