5.The answered prayer

Please don't forget to vote💛💛
*****
Allah knows how much I prayed to have this. Allah knows for how long I've been waiting for this moment. I had prayed for it. I had trusted him with disposing this Affair- because indeed he was the best at disposing Affairs. Allah was Al- Wakil. He took good care of us and that, that I never doubted.
So whatever that missed me, I knew it was supposed to miss me and whatever that got to me , was meant to get to me.

So, I was happy that today had reached and although it wasn't as I had imagined it to be, it wasn't so bad and for that I would be grateful.

The moment I saw her walk into the majlis, I felt what I had been feeling for months now whenever the thought of her crossed my mind. Or when I'd see her from a distance or the many times that her presence was felt. I lowered my gaze and I was sure she hadn't caught a glimpse of me until, she saw my mother. She then looked at me, my gaze caught hers and immediately I lowered my gaze. Now, she knew but then she was shocked. Surprised! Was this a good thing? Or was it a bad thing?

Immediately concealing her shock and surprise she greeted my parents.

Her father then immediately began to speak. I don't know if this was the mood in this house but something was off. It was off a long time since we entered the house. We had been welcomed well Ofcourse, but the pair wasn't as friendly.
She sat next to her mother, in her long sleeved-grey dress that completely concealed her body MashaAllah. Completely modestly she sat next to her mother. Her head scarf well worn. Immediately her father began to speak.
'Aqsa, this young man has come to ask for your hand.' She was quiet.

Her father didn't want to say much. Was he not a charming and sociable man? But all of us were built differently.

'Ally, I think we should let them talk.'

Her father then nodded to my father that they should go and talk outside while they give us space here. My father, who had been sitting next to me now stood to follow her father. He looked at me for confirmation to ask if I was okay here with her alone. If I was in this and I nodded.

Now left alone as my mother had followed her mother outside too, I began with the most known act and that was Salaam.

Her eyes glued to the ground. Beautiful Aqsa took her seconds before replying my Salaam, that too her voice was so low. Was this how she was when she was with a non-Mahram? Modest! MashAllah. Well, I didn't even have to ask that. I knew it. Atleast, I thought this is how she'd be.

'How are you and how is your work, at the hospital.'
She nodded. Well was that supposed to mean fine?
I saw her play with her fingers as if gathering some confidence to face me.

'Are you going to ask me anything?' I asked waiting for her to speak and yes this worked.

'Yes.'

' Are you here because of your mother?' She asked as she looked at my face then immediately lowered her gaze.

'No!' I replied curtly.

'Then how? Why? What do you know about me that could possibly bring you here, if it wasn't for your mother. I'm really surprised.'

'I saw the surprise the moment you entered the room.' I said with a small smile.

'I know enough Aqsa.'
'You are a modest practicing Muslim Woman. You are hardworking and kind.'

'And you know all that by seeing me twice?' She said with a-you can't be serious face.

'I haven't seen you just twice. Apart from the two occasions, I've seen you a couple of times that you volunteered for drawing blood for a cause at the mosque's event.' She was an intern last year and She had volunteered at the mosque to draw blood from people for donation.