15. Family

'Can you help me with my necklace please?'

Aqsa asked Youssef who was finishing up with his watch.

'You look beautiful darling.' He said playing with her wavy hair lowering his head to kiss her delicate neck. She had just come back from the hospital and he had just come back from training and had been eating blueberries ever since.

'Will you be able to eat anything? You've been eating fruits ever since and drinking a lot of fluids!'

Aqsa asked concerned as she put on her black abaya and her nude colored chiffon hijab.

'Oh don't you worry about me, i have enough space in here darling.'
She smiled at him. Oh How gorgeous did he look in his thobe she thought. His golden curls growing back. She couldn't settle with what she loved more, when he had a cut or when he let his hair grow.

'Well, if you'll be looking at me like that, we sure won't be leaving anytime soon.'

'Oh please Youssef, don't flatter yourself.' She pushed him playfully and made way out of their room as he stayed back laughing.

Throughout their ride they kept talking about places, work, world problems- the hunger and war and what was  bad was that the world was turning a blind eye on the sufferings of the Ummah. Youssef was already part of two relief groups at the masjid, MashAllah.

'Maybe you should actively participate Aqsa.'
Well she always gave charity in this but she wasn't an active volunteer and all. She usually tried to do the short-term things.
'I don't know if I can manage honestly with everything.'

'Ofcourse you can my love. Prioritize. It's very beneficial. It's beyond just giving your money.'

'In sha Allah. You are really making me feel bad Youssef.'

'Why?' He asked surprised.

'I just feel like I'm not doing enough in deen and you are always steps ahead.'

'That's not true at all. Remember where I saw you first!' And she blushed when she remembered her meeting with Youssef when he revealed that he met her at the charity function ,he squeezed her hand gently his other hand on the steering wheel.

'You are just trying to make me feel better.' She complained.

' You are just being hard on yourself and it is our duty as spouses to help each other, you do so much more than me in other things too, I want to sit right next to you in Jannah, that's why'

'In sha Allah we will habibi.'
Aqsa replied as they took the corner.

'By the way, Saffiyya texted me sending me this poster from Instagram about Imam Omar Suleiman coming and I really want to go. I really enjoy his talks mashAllah. Can I go with them?'

Youssef looked at her with a straight face as he parked the car.

'What? Really Youssef it's dawah,  I don't want to miss this, please?'

'No, I'm offended you didn't ask me to come along. Even I want to benefit.'

Aqsa pulled his arm towards her and kissed her husband softly and he smiled at her way of winning the exchange.

'Well technically it's separate so...' She placed her index on his beard playfully.

'Still..'

'Then we are going.'

They dropped down and walked to the door.
'Papa. Asalaam alaikum warahmatullah wabarakatu.' Youssef greeted his father hugging him.