3.Standing up

I was inside my room immediately after leaving my parents downstairs crying my heart out and I called the one person that would listen

I was inside my room immediately after leaving my parents downstairs crying my heart out and I called the one person that would listen. The one person that never let me down After Allah.

Only him.

I took my phone and called my brother Sayeed.

Where was he could he just pick up?

Tears filled my face now as they fell on my dress. Please Sayeed can you just pick up now that I need you most? As if he heard my thought he picked up the call and as always his happy rough-manly voice appeared.

'Aqsa habibty, Salaam!'

I couldn't. I couldn't even talk straight.

'Sayeed!' I cried all my pain to him.

'What is it habibty, why are you crying?' Now I was crying non stop not able to say a single word, just crying.

'Habibty, please tell me. Talk to your brother. I am worried.'

Trying to control my crying by breathing. And it took everything in me to stop but it seemed like whenever I tried to talk the lump in my throat just got sore and I couldn't stop myself from crying. Ya Allah, how could I stop myself?

My father thinks I am unchaste.

An evil person ruined my image and they believed him over their own daughter.

Ya Allah why?

'Relax habibty and tell me. You know you can tell me anything.' He assured me and not that I ever doubted him but I felt a little relaxed now.

Now it was just soundless tears leaving my eyes.

'Abdul-Aziz. He came to the hospital and grabbed me and threatened me. He hurt me and held me tight. He then-'

I couldn't continue, my voice kept breaking as I heard him curse. I could feel his anger rising.

'And? And? Tell me habibty. I will break him.'

'He came and told Baba lies. Wallah lies.'

'What are they habibty tell me! Tell your brother.'

'That he found me with a boyfriend.'

I heard him curse yet again.

He didn't ask if I was telling the truth. He didn't doubt me,not for a second. No hesitation in his voice at all. Just pure love and protection.

'He will face me! Stand strong and firm, I'll be there okay habibty?'

I just nodded as if I could see him. But sure he got it. I heard him hang up and I walked to the bathroom to clean up and make ablution. I prayed so hard. So hard that Allah change my situation. I asked Allah for strength. For health. For security. I needed all of those to get over this. I cried in sujood because I knew Allah wouldn't let me down. He wouldn't and in all these tests there is blessings in the patience. There is reward in Tawaqqul so I was going to depend on him. This was not going to be the time that I'd drift from Allah rather it's the time where I would seek him the most. So I cried again and again in sujood as I felt the pain and weight being lifted from my chest. I felt strength take over my body.