16. In my head

Youssef walked into their apartment and found his beautiful wife in the kitchen. He walked to where she was and kissed her cheek.

'Asalaam Alaikum beautiful.'

'Waalaikum salaam habibi, how was your day?'

'Well, long but Alhamdulillah.'

He had been training since in the afternoon and later went out for coffee with the boys, then masjid where Alhamdulillah he had the opportunity to help teach two classes and now he was exhausted. He had to sleep well because he had a match tomorrow, Sunday. So he went on telling her about how his day was and then he inquired about hers and he was glad to hear she had a good day at the hospital, as she was home early straight after work.

'You should have summoned me home your highness!' He joked.

'As if!'

'What? You think I wouldn't come?'

She nodded, well she never complained but sometimes she'd get jealous and annoyed when he was out with his friends, which was really impractical wanting him all for herself whenever they were off work.

'Hmmm, maybe  you should try and summon me!' He joked as he hugged her.

She finished preparing their dinner as Youssef went to freshen up and change. He usually liked walking around in their house with shorts and she never got used to the view, each time her face heated up. Heck, she was very slow in adapting to this because he hardly wore a tshirt inside the house.

Youssef came and helped with the table. After dinner, they sat together while Aqsa watched her cooking channel. Now with Youssef , she was always learning new foods and with his diet requirements she was always looking forward to learning something new, she liked it even. Plus, Watching TV series was just out of the question, Youssef would lecture her about how they contained a lot of haram content like zina, music and all. As hard as it was for her to accept that, she learned how to. She knew it was only for her own good. So she sat there as he kept an arm around her.

'Come to the game tomorrow.' Youssef proposed.

Well, Aqsa had never gone to watch him. Whenever he'd have games, he'd go but she'd just stay with no interest whatsoever. Their matches weren't even aired on TV since it wasn't in the first league , so you wouldn't say she'd watch, not that she'd think about watching them. She didn't like football.

'Are you serious?' She asked completely surprised. Her eyebrows moving towards each other.

'Yes, I am.'

'I don't know anything about football Youssef. I'm really not interested.'

'Well there's always a start. It's not even  about understanding the game, more of watching me.' He said.

'Youssef, it's your job, I don't ask you to come to mine! So just let it go. I'm really not interested in any of that.'

She just didn't want to go and spend all those hours in a crowd. She saw Youssef everyday at home and all. They'd hardly even see each other there, so what was the point. She didn't know anything about football so she wasn't going to go.

'Wow!'

Youssef stood up to leave. And she knew that was totally unnecessary for her to say but she just wanted to get it over with and she'd apologize for being rude later. Taking him for granted. But little did she know how deep it hurt him.

She couldn't watch the show anymore knowing what she had purposely done. How insensitive of her. People went to watch football, not everyone was allowed to enter surgery and watch. She was acting so immature. Maybe she should just compromise and ask him about it or anything. Sayeed went to support him whenever he could, why wouldn't she? She was his wife. Sayeed was just playing the role of brother in law although if she'd admit,  they were quite the pair. Mashallah, Sayeed and Youssef were very fond of each other. They were always joking, meeting up and talking.