1.The visitors

PLEASE VOTE💛💛💛

***
Being a doctor had been my dream job. No one in my family was a doctor so you wouldn't say I got my inspiration from my family. I just loved helping people. I hated it when someone was in pain and maybe this was the way I could help in my own way.

A child in pain was my weakness. I just wanted to take that pain away. I was born and raised in a good and well off family but not everyone was fortunate enough to enjoy that. Not everyone had the luxuries of enjoying what I had enjoyed growing up so I wanted to be good to the kids.

That doesn't mean my childhood was plain luxury.

No.

I had my share of emotional instability too. I went through problems like any other person but I guess that's what makes me understand pain more? Take away the pain when I could.

I wanted to comfort them because I had needed comfort too, so I know exactly what it felt when you weren't being comforted.

I wanted to be their favorite doctor. The one that smiles and happily plays with them.

I wanted to give my charity in that manner. To give back to the society for what I had enjoyed while not everyone could.

'Please bring me coffee Tatyana on your way back from the cafe?' I handed her the money for the coffee.

It was midnight and I was on night shift so I had to stay awake for the night.

'Sure, you hate the coffee in the doctors lounge.'

'Yep.' I smiled at her as I made my way upstairs to my patients rooms for night rounds. There were a lot of problems in this hospital. First of all, it was a government hospital so most of the times the funds weren't as sufficient. The budget was tight. People lost their jobs every now and then so you really had to work to keep your job.

I walked in to a room and found Kieran awake as his mother was sleeping on the coach in his room.

'Hey you, are you okay? Why are you not sleeping? Are you in pain?'

'No doctor Aqsa. I just slept so much in the afternoon and I'm sleepless. I wish i could watch some tv.'

He had just gotten out of surgery yesterday and I had been in it, ofcourse not the leading surgeon. I wasn't qualified enough yet and I was waiting for the day that I'd be the lead pediatric surgeon but for now I spent most time in pediatrics but the hospital pushed me here and there until I fully specialize.

'Well you really need to rest, but we could play a little game on my phone.' I wasn't a game person but I had some games in my phone because of my nieces and nephews andI had a lot of them.

So I handed him my phone as I sat next to him on the bed. He was just 6 and had gone through a lot. I just hope this was his last surgery. So we were keeping him under observation for a while just to be sure.

Soon he started feeling sleepy and that was my escape, I continued with the rounds and finally I got to sleep a little at almost 3am.

I woke up in time to get ready for fajr prayer. So I went for a shower freshened up completely, changed my uniforms then spread my prayer mat inside the women staff resting place where I had rested for the two-three Hours of the last quarter of the night.