38. Secrets

***********
EID MUBARAK MY BELOVEDS💛💛💛💛💛💛💛I hope you enjoy today so here's an Eid Special from Aqsa and Youssef🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🌙🌙🌙🌙🌟🌟🌟
********

AQSA's POV
I was happy today , surprisingly, considering Youssef was away all week. I was actually enjoying my time alone well, not really alone considering I was at my parents' home. I walk into Saffiyya's room and she is in tears. What is going on??

'Saffiyya what is going on?'

She hides her face.

'Aqsa can't you knock?' She was annoyed. Actually Pissed.

'Sorry we were texting and I assumed you were open to having visitors, what is going on?'

'Nothing!'

'Saffiyya! Talk to me.'

'No.'

'Hmmm... is this about....??'

'No.'

'It's not? Then what is it about?'

'Aqsa can you let it go? Why should I tell you? So you can tell me how you wished you didn't know?'

'Okay so it's definitely about Noah. Are you guys still talking?'

'Not anymore.'

'You mean you were still talking until recently? Saffiyya I thought—-'

'Yes Aqsa, this is why I didn't want to tell you because you'd judge me and you would be on my neck for months. Yes I was still talking to Noah and I'm not anymore.'

It was 3 months since we last talked about Noah. I thought they stopped talking. She told me they stopped talking.

She lied.

Aqsa , wait, it's not about you.

It's not about your feelings. This is about Saffiyya. I told myself.

I hugged her.

'Saf.. I'm sorry if that's how I've made you feel.'

She just hugs me back and says nothing so I go on.

'What's going on?'

'I never stopped talking to Noah. Well nothing actually happened. I did see him twice and I feel bad for that, I wish I'd listen to you, but I got so lost in my feelings and now he's not sure about anything so I just told him that we shouldn't talk anymore and he said some mean things. I actually like him Aqsa.'

'Saffiyya don't compromise your deen. Maybe this is an opportunity you should take. Maybe this is Allah showing you that there's no blessing in what you are doing.'

'Yeah.' She says wiping off her tears.

'I feel like a horrible person.' She adds on. I don't cut her off.

' I wish I didn't lie to you Aqsa, I'm sorry. I was wrongly so excited about it because I've had a crush on Noah for the longest time and I just badly wanted something good to happen from it. When I thought something was happening I didn't want to let it pass. I knew it was wrong but I still couldn't find it in me to stop it.' She cries.

'Now you know. So do better from here and ask Allah to forgive you and guide you.'

She nods.

My phone starts ringing and it's Youssef with his daily video calls for bed time.

'I'll go talk to him, please do the right thing Saffiyya and don't hesitate talking to me.'

I really hope she was done with this. From now on my nose would be on her business. I have to. I was so stupid to let it go so easily now I won't.