30. Truce

Ramadan Mubarak everyone❤️❤️here's a really short chapter, lol. I hope you enjoy it still.

AQSA*
I took a hot shower , today I was going out with my siblings and their kids. We had a days out and I was actually looking forward to it. I wish Youssef was here, everyone was coming with their spouse. Well basically only Fatma was bringing her husband since Asiyah is divorced. So it was okay, we wouldn't feel left out plus there is Saffiyya and Ruqqaya so safe.

Actually, I should take Maryam with me. So I call Maman since Papa was in France. I don't know how she could stay alone with Maryam I was actually scared of staying overnight in a house alone. Whenever Youssef had to travel I'd go back home. Maybe with age. Anyways.

'Asalaam Alaikum Maman.' I greet her.

'Waalaikum Asalaam my daughter.' She was the best mother-in-law wallah. Her son was the best husband too. Wink wink. Stop it Aqsa.

I inquired about their health and then I asked her.

'Maman, we are going on a day out today can you and Maryam join us?'

Initially it was only going to be Maryam but it'd be bad to leave her all alone.

'Oh, maybe you can take Maryam, I have some work to do.' That's sad. She actually deserves a good time. I decided that I'll take her out for lunch on Monday when Maryam was at school.

'Okay then can we go for lunch on Monday, just me and you?'

'Oh yes my child.'

'Yey. Okay I'll come pick her up after an hour she'll be ready yeah?'

'Yeah. In sha Allah.'

'In sha Allah maman.' I say with a smile.

We packed some snacks,  actual food, fruits and drinks. We've been cooking all morning.

We go pick up Maryam then drive to our destination. I was in one car with Ruqqaya, Saffiyya and Maryam. Asiyah was driving with her kids. The same for the rest of my siblings.

We play games "who is most likely to" which wasn't so great for Fatma's husband because he didn't really know the girl's except Fatma , and Nasrah didn't know much about Zayn so we decided to sort it in groups so we ask two people and who among them then they answer. So the couples, the twins, the sisters. The kids were playing football right next to us so we could see them closely.

It was interesting. We kept laughing.
Later we play Uno it felt like we were all teenagers all over again, except two were.

Maryam follows me and whispers something in my ears. I laugh.

****

YOUSSEF*

Me and Papa enter grandmother's house, I haven't set foot since weeks ago. The last time I came here was when the corridor incident with the 'Paris Fashion Week invitations' happened. so apparently the family called a meeting to get me and Genevieve to put everything behind us.

'Youssef, As a family we called all of you here so that we can end this situation between you and Genevieve.' My aunt spoke in french.

'I know she has caused a lot of damage but we are family and going to court is understandable but a little bit extreme— I mean we can just settle this as a family.'

I just listened to her. I didn't speak yet. Genevieve was sitting right infront of me with her mother.

'You guys are a family. Blood related. I don't like seeing any of you suffer or fighting and hating each other.' Grandmother spoke.