2.The hot mess

AQSA's POV
It was almost noon and I hadn't left my room. I offered my Fajr prayers, read some quran then I found myself on Podcasts listening to some lectures by Yasmin Mogahed. About, Patience and hope. Well all this did help me get a better mood but I still wasn't back to the very jolly person I usually was. I just set on my bed now thinking, thinking about what to do. How will this trial go on.

I was so tempted to call Abdul Aziz and threaten the hell out of him but even the thought of him made me sick.

Sick to the stomach.

Lost in my thoughts I heard my phone ring, I rolled to reach it on the other side of my bed checking who it was only to see Sayeed. My brother. My habibi.

' Salaam habibty, how are you?' I could feel that he had a smile on his face just by the thought of speaking with me. Replying his salaam,

' Alhamdulillah I am fine. How is your family?'

'All are well. Your little niece and nephew are so loud in the play room with Nasrah'

Nasrah was his beautiful wife. She had the soul just to match his Mashallah with such a big heart.

'So did you talk to Father?'

'Nop' sadness suddenly taking over.

'I swear Sayeed I'll run away before they marry me to that spoilt brat.' I heard him laugh.

'He can't.'

We kept on talking about other things now, my mind lost in the comfort and love of my brother when my mother barged in my room like she was about to burst me for cheating on her. Lol. Then I remembered oh she was mad because of yesterday.

She and my father.

"Yallah bye!"'I cut the call.

'Who are you talking to? You have been in your room all morning not concerned with any person in your family. What behavior is this?'

I looked up at her and said salaam which she just brushed off.

'Your father is calling you downstairs.'

I nodded then stood up to get properly dressed I wasn't about to go downstairs in my silky brown and pink pajamas.

I greeted my father and he nodded.

'No work today?'

'Yes till tomorrow evening.'

'I don't think Abdul Aziz will let his wife work at night.'

What was he saying. Hadn't he heard me yesterday? I was crystal clear. But then my father listened to no one. No one but one.

'I'm not marrying him Baba.'

'You will. You are almost 24 is it? And then you keep on saying no to every proposal. You have no reason to say no to my beloved nephew.'

'I have my reasons Baba.' I said looking upto him. Not terrified by anything. I stood confidently looking at him and he hated it. He thought he could terrify me like he did with every other daughter of his.

Not me.

'And what are they? Because your stupid excuses last night aren't changing my mind.'

So tempted to reveal all his sins but I stopped myself.

'Can't I just say no Baba? Can't I? Don't I have the right to choose for myself?' and i Saw him narrow his eyes.

' Not to my brother. I can't just call him and give your stupid excuse.'