a note to home

"it's been a while since we left home. The friends we left behind, the lives we lived. But those memories will still be with us, even into the eye of the unknown"

"nothing very interesting happened, though there was a kitchen fire when a certain dumbass knocked over a pot of stew and burnt our head of security's foot. Yeah she wasn't happy about it"

"haven't been drinking lately, surprising I know, but that's making me question something, why have nobody explored past the island? Did they have access to boats in the first place? To be quite honest, I really don't know"

"dreams, the damn dreams keep getting to me. so much, that I try to get enough sleep to compensate or learn more about them. The latest one was me in a frozen waste of snow and ice, with a city of light suspended by thick black wire with a smaller city below, all while a single shattered moon hung bright in the sky. I have no idea what this means, but I guess it's food for thought"

"i think I now know why nobody leaves the island. One of the lookouts spotted a colossal thing below the surface of the water. Luckily, we were high enough for it not to attack. Though we did see it jump out of the water and noticed it was entirely metallic, like plates of smooth metal layered over each other. Didn't look like something that came from back home, though our resident history expert did say that this was created long ago to deal with invading navy forces that threatened the island. What's lucky is that this thing has no anti-air capabilities"

"it's been some time since my last entry, but our navigator says we're nearly there. Here's hoping what we find is something amazing"

"finally, birds. We MUST be close to land if they're here. Everyone is itching and ready to go seeing we've been stuck on that ship for so bloody long"

"were about to make landfall, we're getting the builders ready to make a compound as soon as we touch down in what looks like an oasis lake, and a big one at that."

He then puts down his book on his nightstand and stood up stretching. He picked up his black hat and placed it firmly on his head, he got his over clothes ready and trousers on just before he grabbed his Nodachi and strapped it to his back, his face one of childlike excitement as he took a deep breath

Hornsy: well...let's see at what this new world has to offer