CHAPTER 20

A week has gone by, busy with preparation for exams. I am currently at Ethan's place. We plan to spend the day together even though we see each other practically every day. I am in the kitchen with Grace, making lunch together.

"Ethan, if you were a woman, I would have assumed you were giving birth up there. Why are you taking so long?" I say, making sure my voice is loud enough for him to hear me all the way upstairs.

"I am done taking a shower; I will be there in a sec," Ethan says, screaming back downstairs.

"Ever since I have known that boy, he has always taken so much time in the bathroom," Grace says, shaking her head while chuckling.

"I wonder what he does in there; even a woman does not take as much time as he does."

"I truly have no idea, my dear, and please excuse me. "I need to make a phone call."

"Alright, take your time."

"That's because I want to look good for you, baby," Ethan says, whispering huskily into my ear, causing a cold shiver to go down my spine.

"Hmmm, I never knew I was the reason," I say smiling while turning around to face him.

He looks as ravishing as ever with his hair packed into a man's bun. Since the beginning of this year, Ethan decided to allow his hair to grow longer. I love it when he packs his hair. It makes him look more attractive. He is wearing a singlet that shows off those biceps of his, and I can also see a little detail of his abs through his singlet. God Ethan is a bag of sexy.

I wish I did not turn around because we are only a breath away from each other. His breath is fanning my forehead, creating a blissful feeling through my body. Why is my body reacting in such a way I have never felt before? I raise my head and fix my gaze on his grey eyes. He is staring at me with a different look in his eyes. A look I have only seen the night he kissed me. Does he want to kiss me? Oh my God, what if he does. Will I be able to stop him like last time? I avert my eyes from his and land them on those gorgeous red lips of his. He licks his lips, and there is nothing more I would love than to have mine against his, but I can't. What have I gotten myself into? Ethan's face starts getting closer to mine.

I begin to feel hot all over me, and I don't know why. Is he going to kiss me? I have to stop him before he does, but I want him to kiss me so bad, but I don't want him to because I know it's wrong. Ya Allah, I am losing my mind right now. I want to give in to my desires for Ethan more than anything right now, but I know if I do that, then I am disobeying my lord, my creator, Allah. I am about to pull back when suddenly my phone starts ringing. Oh Allah, bless whoever that person is for saving me right now.

"I need to answer this," I say quickly walking away from him. Ya Allah, that was really close.

"Hey, babe, why do you look like you just saw a ghost?" Amina says through the FaceTime call.

"I didn't see a ghost, but something far more serious was on the verge of happening again."

"Hmmm, from the way you look and what you just said. I can guess you and Ethan kissed again. "

"We were almost kissing if it hadn't been for your call. I am so happy you called because I don't think I would have been able to resist for too long. "

"This is what I was trying to warn you about the first day you told me you were going to start dating Ethan. Even though you guys agreed to remove intimacy from your relationship, the devil is not dead, and you are both people who have desires and feelings for each other. The devil can make you do a lot of sinful acts with these desires you guys have for one another. Adina I don't need to tell you that you are playing with fire because you already know. Only Allah knows how far you guys would have gone with the lust in your eyes a few seconds ago. "