CHAPTER 31

It's been a month since the whole incident, Alhamdulilah I am fully recovered. My mom and dad were the only ones who came to see me from Nigeria. My dad went back a week after he arrived, but my mom is just going back today. She wanted to make sure I fully recovered before she went back to Nigeria.

I dropped my mom at the airport hours ago, and right now, I am on my way also. Ethan is taking me on vacation to Italy. I couldn't be happier when he asked me if I wanted to go. He also said I needed a holiday with all the drama we have both been through.

We arrived in Rome a few days ago, and they have been one of the best days of my life. Ethan has been taking me all around the city, exploring all the beautiful wonders this great city has to offer, and Rome is such a beautiful city. I can imagine myself coming back here a lot.

Today Ethan has planned this wonderful dinner for both of us to tell me something vital. I genuinely have no clue what it is, but I am excited to find out. I put on my dinner dress, gifted to me by Ethan. The dress is a purple crepe marocain fitted plum dress with an illusion T- bust decorated with beaded floral embroideries. I wear a black light inner shirt to cover my exposed arm and chest. I put on a pair of purple diamond stud earrings that Ethan's fraternal grandma gave me when we visited her here in Rome. She is a charming old lady. I wear my shoes and pick up my clutch to be on my way. Ethan is meeting me over there, so a car he sent will take me to the venue.

The driver drives for a few minutes before finally coming to a halt. I open the door, and words cannot come out of my mouth when I look around me. Everywhere around me look so breathtaking that words can't even describe it. I slowly step out of the car and walk down the path of flowers and lights that guide me towards where Ethan is standing. There are different types of flowers laid out on the beach's sand with beautiful lights all around. I take off my shoes so it will be easier for me to walk in the sand.

"Why didn't you tell me we were coming to the beach? I would have worn better shoes," I say once I get in front of Ethan.

He looks dashing as ever in his suit that hugs him in all the right places. His grey eyes are looking beautiful than ever tonight, with a lot of happiness glowing in them.

"You look beautiful this way. Come and have a seat," Ethan says, guiding me towards a small table setting. Ethan helps me pull out my chair and tucks me in like the gentleman he is

"Thank you," I say once I am comfortable in my seat.

"You are always welcome," Ethan says, taking his seat opposite me.

Dinner is served by one of the best chefs in Rome, and while eating, I decide to ask Ethan what he wanted to tell me tonight.

"Ethan, you said you had something to tell me."

"Yes, I do, Adina. Do you remember the first time we kissed?"

"Yes, I do. It was at the beach," I say, replaying that wonderful day in my head, and I don't think I can ever forget that day.

"Yes, it was at the beach, and that was the place I first declared my feelings to you. So today again, I will do the same"

"What do you mean?" I have no clue where this conversation is going

"Adina, I still remember the first day I saw you. You were the most beautiful woman I ever laid my eyes on, but I hated you because of your skin tone. I hated myself for even finding you attractive, but the heart wants what it wants. I stopped fighting my feelings towards you and allowed them to grow into something so much more. I never knew I could love someone the way I love you. You are the best thing that ever happened to me. You bring so much joy, happiness and light into my life, and I would forever be grateful to God for meeting you. Some might say I am too young to be doing this, but I believe it's best to grow with those you love beside you. Adina Ibrahim will you do me the honour of being my wife" Ethan says and goes on one knee with the most beautiful ring I have ever laid my eyes on. It's a petite twisted vine diamond ring.

"Ethan, I love you more than anything in the world, and I would love to be your wife, but....." Ethan cuts me off before I can complete my sentence

"I know you will say we are of different beliefs, so you can't marry me but not anymore," Ethan says, confusing me.

"What do you mean, Ethan?"

"Do you know why I could not tell you where I went and what I was going to do there"?

"No"

"I did not tell you because I did not want to raise your hopes if what you might have wanted to be does not happen."

"What do you mean?"

"Adina, I visited some places around the US to find out about Islam."

"Really, but why didn't you tell me. I could have recommended some scholars you could visit to ask questions about Islam," I say, feeling so happy he is interested in Islam.

"I know, but I did not want to raise your hopes high about me becoming a Muslim because I was curious about Islam."

"Oh, but did you find the answers you were looking for?"

"I did, my love. I really wanted to understand why a religion you love so much will stop you from being with the one you love".

"Now you know why and also understand."

"Yes, I do, and I can't believe I put you through such difficulties, my love. Will you ever forgive me?"

"Ethan, you did nothing wrong. You are not the one who made me fall in love with you. Allah already decreed for it to happen. So don't beat yourself up for it".

"This is why I love you so much. You are truly an angel with such a beautiful and forgiving heart".

"Thank you, but what did you mean earlier about our beliefs not being different anymore," I ask eagerly, hoping my prayers have finally been answered.

"I know what you are thinking, and yes, Allah did answer your prayers."

Oh my God, Ya Allah, I can't believe this is happening. Ethan just said Allah, and he did not say it like he does not know the value of that name. He said it with a deep understanding of who Allah is. Allahu Akbar, oh Allah, thank you so much for answering my prayers. I am truly at your mercy.

"Ethan, how did this happen? How come I did not notice" I say, trying to keep my tears of joy at bay

"After I found the answers to my questions, I continued to learn more about the religion. Before I knew what was happening, I became in love with Islam, Allah, and Prophet Muhammad SAW. The moment I realized it, I knew Islam was the religion for me. You didn't notice because I wanted to tell you at the right time, and I knew it was now or never".

"I am so happy, Ethan; that words can't even describe how I feel," I say, cleaning my tiny tears of joy.

"So will you marry me, Adina Ibrahim," Ethan says, still holding out the ring.

"Yes, I will, Ethan Mantone," I say, smiling. Ethan gently slides the ring into my finger, and the smile on my face could be seen from a mile away. Ya, Allah, thank you so much for making everything work out between us.