CHAPTER 21

I am waiting in the lobby when Khloe finally arrives.

"I know I am late to pick you up, but I don't think this face belongs to me," Khloe says, noticing the frown on my face.

"It belongs to Ethan's stepbrother, Austin. You won't believe what that human being said to me."

"One look at your face says you did not like what he said," Khloe says chuckling.

"You can only imagine," I say walking out of the hotel.

"You can tell me all about it over lunch," Khloe says while we wait for her car.

"With pleasure," I say getting into Khloe's car to be on our way to one of our favourite restaurants in town.

We arrive at the restaurant and take our seats at the first empty table we come across. I tell Khloe what happened with Austin. She is also furious that he said such things to me. While we are eating, Khloe speaks up.

"You won't believe what Marcus did. He asked me to forgive him and take him back. "

"He said what!!!" I almost choke on my food.

"You heard me right; he wants us to get back together."

"Is he alright after what he did to you?" I genuinely dislike him for what he did to Khloe and Ethan.

"I know right, but I won't lie to you, Adina, I was actually having second thoughts about taking him back."

"You almost did what," I say raising my voice, totally shocked that she had the slightest thought of taking him back. This causes a few people close by to stare at us.

"Lower your voice down, and yes, I was actually considering it. I love him, but as you said, there is a big difference between a toxic relationship and a healthy relationship. So I sat down and really thought about which one I had. Even a baby could tell mine was toxic. I decided he was not good for me. I won't be getting back together with him ever again. "

"Alhamdulillah, you have come to realise that. You deserve a healthy, happy relationship that I am sure you will find one day," I say with a little smile. I am so happy she is finally making the right decisions for herself.

"I hope so too."

Graduation is around the corner, and that means a lot of projects to be done. Ethan and I are at my house, working on our project. I pray Asr and walk back to the living room to continue.

"Ethan, are you hungry?"

"Yes, I am."

"Alright, I will fix something for you to eat," I say and walk towards the kitchen.

I make a little sandwich for both of us and walk back to the living room.

"Here you go, and are you done?" I took my seat, holding my food.

"Yes, I am finished, and we can now watch the movie." Ethan takes his plate from my hand.

"Great, because I have been dying to watch this movie again, for some odd reason."

"What movie is that?"

"Twilight," I say, smiling, hoping he won't ask me to change the movie.

"Are you serious with me right now?" Ethan says, looking at me in disbelief.

"I am; I have been dying to watch Twilight for a whole week. Please let's watch it."

"Wow, I really thought you had a different movie in mind, but no problem. Anything that makes you happy is fine with me. "