CHAPTER 10

A week has gone by since those incidents between Ethan and me. A lot has changed in the past week. Ethan no longer picks unnecessary fights with me. He practically does not speak to me anymore. It's like he is a totally different person which is a bit scary. Sometimes I even catch him staring at me from afar, and unlike him, he does not have any hatred in his eyes anymore. I wonder what caused him to change his ways, but I am also happy he did. I prefer an Ethan who does not speak to me rather than one who makes my blood boil every time he opens his mouth. I also have not been able to come up with any answers or reasons to the questions Ethan asked me at the restaurant. My mind can't make up any reasons to why I was asked those questions.

After a long day of classes, I go back home to rest. I am just stepping out of the shower when I hear the house door opening. Khloe must be back from her classes. I walk into the living room, and it's not Khloe that is standing there. It's Ethan, what is he doing here? Why is Ethan here? Wait, Ethan is here, Ethan is here. Oh My God. I look at myself and what leaves my mouth is a piercing scream.

"Ahhhhh, I am just in my towel. What are you doing here?" I say screaming while trying to cover as much of myself as I can with my hands.

"I cam...." Ethan says, trying to explain himself, but I could care less right now. I am half-naked in front of him, oh my God Subhan Allah.

"I don't want to know, get out!" I say screaming while I throw a pillow at his face to shield his eyes from my body.

"I will wait outside while you change," Ethan says chuckling while walking out.

Oh, Allah, I can't believe what just happened to me right now. How could this happen to me? Oh my God, I feel so ashamed. Ethan saw me only on my towel. Why, why, Ya Allah why? I feel like disappearing due to how embarrassed I am right now. But how did he get inside, maybe I forgot to lock the door when I came in. How will I even face him after what just happened? I am brought back from my train of thoughts when I hear Ethan ringing the doorbell.

"Adina, can I come in now?" Ethan says while ringing the doorbell. So now he knows how to ring the bell.

"I am coming," I say and walk to my room to get dressed. When I am modest, I invite him in.

"So why are you here," I say as soon as he steps in. I just pray he does not say anything about what happened earlier. I still feel very embarrassed about what just happened.

"I came to return this" Ethan says, bringing out something from his pocket. It's my earring, the one I was wearing the day he abandoned me in the woods. I lost one pair that night. I totally forgot about it.

"Thank you, I thought I lost it for life," I say collecting it from his hand. He must have gone back and seen it, but why would he go back. Did he go back to find me? Maybe he felt guilty for leaving me and came back to find me. I guess he is not so heartless after all.

"You are welcome," He says and stands up to leave. He is about to walk out the door when I remember something.

"Ethan wait, I have something I would like you to give Grace," I say, walking over to the kitchen.

"What is this" Ethan says as soon as I hand him the box.

"Doughnuts, I baked doughnuts and left a few for Grace. She told me last time how much she loves them"

I was planning on giving her tomorrow, but I could just give him to give them to her.

"Alright, I will give them to her"

"Thank you."

After Ethan leaves, I realise this is the first time Ethan and I ever spoke to each other without any hostility, hate or anger. We actually had a conversation for more than a minute without one annoying the other. I am starting to feel I might actually be able to for fill that promise I made to Grace.