Chapter 22: Family not so fun day.

The Cullen house was both excited and worried. The excitement was still there from finding out about Rosalie's pregnancy, but the worry was from the news Edward had brought up today.

He was going to be bringing Bella by to meet the family and so that she could see her aunt. Colette was terrified. What if she hurt her. Carlisle believed she would be alright, but made sure that she fed plenty today even going as far to give her some human snacks.

The Cullens had started to see what Cole's gift was able to do. It started with the pregnancy, then the tears that fell from Rosalie's eyes. Today another side effect made itself present. Rosalie was making the salad and decided the carrots looked good. Esme came back into the kitchen to find half of the carrots missing and Rosalie with a bottle of ranch in her hand. Cole laughed saying at least she was eating healthy. So now Rose is snacking on things all over the house.

"Colette?" Carlisle asked, coming into the bedroom that they share. "Yes?" "Did you want to feed again before Bella gets here?" Carlisle asked. "It wouldn't hurt. I don't want to make it any harder on Jasper." She said and they took off.

‧˚₊꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒦꒷‧₊˚⊹

On their way back, Carlisle spoke. "Did you want to leave for today, or did you want to stay?" "You think I did all this work just to run away when my niece comes to see me? I'm staying. If it gets too difficult, I'll leave, I promise." She told him and he smiled. "Okay." He nodded.

"When can I see my brother?" She asked. "Cole, he can't know about us. He isn't a mate and has no need to be turned." Carlisle told her what she already knew but she needed to hear it from him. Tears collected in her eyes and Carlisle's dead heart broke. "Don't cry darling. You're too pretty to cry." He told her and she tried to suppress her grin. "Let me see that pretty smile." He said lifting her chin up, her eyes connecting with his. Stealing a swift kiss, Cole had a wide smile on her face. "There it is." Carlisle cooed as she leaned into him.

‧˚₊꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒦꒷‧₊˚⊹

A few hours had passed, Colette was up in their shared room, Esme kicking her out of the kitchen. Hearing tires turn on the gravel, Cole's head popped up. "Belle." She whispered, Scrambling out of the bed, rushing down the stairs.

Colette heard the door open and close of the car and she realized what the children had meant by Bella's scent being strong. Her throat started to burn instantly.

The front door opened and the scent got one thousand times worse. Cole grabbed onto Carlisle's hand, something to ground her and hopefully the tingles that she felt would distract her. The tingly feeling unfortunately did little to help her. Emmett saw her struggling and stood near, his hand on her shoulder, setting her in place.

Colette tried to fight the hunger, but it seemed the more she tried to fight it, the worse it got. Climbing the stairs, Cole tried to listen to each foot step, but once she had laid her dark eyes on her niece, the fight was over.

Her eyes turned pitch black, a growl slipping past her lips as she tried to move but with the help of Jasper and the other two males, she wasn't going anywhere. Edward moved in front of Bella, causing anger to soar through the woman.

"Cole." Edward said, drawing her attention. Bella saw her aunt, how terrifying she was and she couldn't help but shrink behind Edward. Colette went to move forward again, but the pressure from Emmett's grasp was starting to crack Cole's porcelain skin. Carlisle growled under his breath.

"Colette." Edward said again drawing her attention. "She is your niece. Your family. Do you want to hurt your own family?" Edward asked and Cole growled. She was having an internal debate that Edward was listening to.