Chapter 12: Unexpected Escape

It had been two days. Colette was still in the coma, the drainage tube still in her lungs, the difference was that she had a new bag hanging up on her IV pole. It was medication to help the blood clot and to narrow the blood vessels, hoping to prevent more blood from entering her lung.

A chest X-ray was taken the other day confirming what Carlisle had thought was the cause. One of the tumors in her lungs had burst, detaching from the wall, leaving a weak spot, allowing blood to fill her lung.

The burst of the tumor was not a positive sign but it also wasn't a death sentence either. They could manage it, and that's what they were doing at the moment, trying to not have another incident.

Charlie had not left the room of his sister. Afraid if he did, she would die. Bella of course went to school and so on, mainly trying to get her mind off of her aunt.

Bella was a worrier, much like her father, and the two together would give each other a heart attack.

Charlie had nodded off, the constant beeping of the machines, a symphony to him, letting him know she was still alive. His short nap was interrupted by his cell phone ringing.

"Hello?" He answered gruffly. "I'm sorry to bother you sir, but I have disturbing news." "What is it, deputy?" Charlie asked his temper short. "King county prison was making their rounds and found one prisoner was not in their cell. Adam White, sir." "WHAT?" Charlie shouted over the phone, the nurses outside of the room jumping from the unexpected noise. "He escaped sir. They aren't sure how, but the prison has been put on lockdown, but no escape route has been discovered."

Charlie's temper flared, his heart beat dangerously fast in his chest as hatred and fear spread through his body. "Call the county prison back and tell them I will be up there as soon as I can." Charlie growled into the phone, hanging up quickly as he gathered his jacket.

Carlisle entered the room soon after and saw the fury in the Chief's eyes. "Charlie, what happened?" Charlie looked at the doctor deciding whether or not to tell him of the current events, but figured he should know, just incase. "Adam White escaped prison." Charlie hissed.

"How?" Carlisle asked as panic filled his mind. "I don't know, but I'm damn sure gonna find out. I'm gonna be out for a while with this one, I'm not gonna stop until this son of a bitch is caught. If Bella comes in, will you have your son bring her back? She won't want to leave if she finds out about Adam being loose." Charlie asked the doctor and he nodded. "Of course Charlie. Anything you need." Carlisle said and Charlie thanked him, making his exit.

The two men had the same thought running through their heads. Would Adam come back for Colette?

‧˚₊꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒦꒷‧₊˚⊹

As Charlie talked to Bella, and other police officers, Carlisle called his sons, Emmett, Jasper.

"Carlisle?" Jasper answered. "Jasper, I need you and Emmett to track someone for me." "Who? What's happening?" Emmett asked as he joined the conversation. "Adam White, Colette's abusive ex- boyfriend just escaped prison. Charlie seemed nervous, and so am I.""You think he would come back for her?" Jasper asked. "From what I have found on him, he has no family, nothing except for his rage for the one who put him in prison, Cole." Carlisle told them. "We're going now." Jasper told his father figure, hanging up.

The next call he made was to his sister. "Carlisle? What's going on? Emmett and Jasper just left." Esme asked. "There has been a complication. Adam, Cole's abusive ex has escaped prison." He told his sister and Esme gasped. "What can I do Carlisle?" She asked hoping to comfort her brother knowing he was stressed already but this made matters worse.