Chapter 48: This is my Decision

*** A/N: I know I don't usually put these at the top, but I wanted to say thank you to everyone who is still reading, or has even just came across this story! Today we just hit 175k views! I never thought this story would ever reach that many views, but you guys have proven me wrong. Thank you for sticking with me, and with the story, and I hope you like the interesting chapter!***

"Thank you Sam." Cole said as she stepped out of the old truck, and into the saturated yet dead grass of Charlie's front yard. "For what?" "For organizing the meeting. I know it was mainly for the elders, but you have no idea how good it feels to talk to more than just three people." Colette chuckled.

"It was nothing. We all learned something from it, and hopefully more information will come from the knowledge." Sam told her and she nodded. "Anyway, thanks again." She said leaning down as she peered into the window. "Get home safe." She smiled softly and Sam nodded before the black truck disappeared down the road.

Getting inside, Esme seemed to be at her side. "So? How did it go?" "It was informational." "Okay... Let me ask a different way-" "No, Esme. As in I learned a lot, but not about who I am, more about a certain part of me." "Alright." Esme said, her golden eyes on Cole.

"How do I learn more about La Pace?" The Swan asked. "I don't know. Carlisle only knows what he does from the Voltori." Colette's eyes found Esme's, and the older woman shook her head. "No, Colette, you can't." "Why not?" "If Aro finds out about you, about what you can do, you will be taken into the Voltori. They can never know." Esme stated, her panicked eyes making sure her words were being heard.

"What if that's something I'm willing to risk." Esme's eyes narrowed. "You don't understand what they're capable of. I don't ask many things, and I'm not saying this because of my brother, but we can find information. We have friends, all around the world. Someone has to know something." Esme pleaded with her.

"You can do what you want, but he left me here with this thing inside of me that I have no answers to. If he didn't want me running off finding answers, then he shouldn't have left." Colette told Esme getting upset. "He had to protect his family!" Esme said in the heat of the moment, but her eyes met the floor when she realized what she had implied, the same thing that Edward had, she didn't belong with them, she wasn't a part of their family, a danger to them.

On instinct Cole swallowed harshly as she tried to stop tears from emerging. "That was his decision, and this is mine. I can't protect my family without knowing what I'm capable of. I'm going. Respect that, because if I remember right, he left you too." Cole told the Cullen harshly and Esme went to speak, but the brunette was gone.

‧˚₊꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒦꒷‧₊˚⊹

In the depths of Alaska, Alice Cullen sat, reading over a magazine, when she was slammed with a vision.

Her gasp filled the room as everyone seemed to file in after hearing the seer. "Alice?" Jasper asked as he neared his wife. "No. They can't know." Alice mumbled. "What's happening?" Carlisle asked as he worried about his mate and sister.

Alice's vision

Tall stone structures stood, old as time, as did its residents, the town of Voltora, Italy showing its age with it's crumbling buildings and streets, though one stone building, a castle, stood out amongst the rest. Kept in pristine condition, its walls seemed to glisten in the rays of sun that bestowed it.

Footsteps were heard on the stone floors, even though their kind were fast and nearly silent, the cavern like walkways seemed to tunnel the sound. The grand doors opened to see the three kings. Aro, Marcus, and Caius.

Their blood stained eyes seemed to look upon the person who had entered the room, the who whom Alice couldn't see. It was a blank space, almost as if she was seeing everything happen from their own perspective.

"Why have you come dear one?" Aro asked. "For answers." A voice answered. "Answers for what my dear?" Marcus asked, but a startled gasp rang out from all three kings as Alice could now see who the person was in front of them, a reflection in their ruby orbs, her silver eyes shinning brightly. "This."

Vision over

"NO!" Alice cried out as the vision disappeared, the first time she was ever able to see Colette in a vision, even if it wasn't properly,  and she had practically signed her life away.

"What is it Alice?" Carlisle asked, his very being riddled with fear. "Colette, she's going to the Voltori for answers." Alice told the patriarch of the family.

Panic set in as he thought of what the kings may do. There were parts of the story he left out, trying not to scare her. It wasn't that Aro hadn't the knowledge of the La Pace because the being had fled. It was because Aro found the La Pace to be strong, possibly more than his own ranks, and it frightened him, so he had it killed.

That was what he hadn't told her, that she was powerful, though she already knew that, but the Voltori didn't hold answers, they held death.

A/N: Let me know how you enjoyed this Chapter. I know it is a little bit of a twist, but I felt like Bella was putting herself in dangerous situations, so why couldn't Cole.