Chapter 23: Intensity

⚠️⚠️ Fluff and mature situations mentioned in this chapter. Flashbacks of abuse. No smut. You've been warned. ⚠️⚠️

A buzzing Alice was zooming around the house, her excitement was contagious as everyone seemed to be in a good mood, even after the previous day's actions.

"Alice, what's gotten into you?" Colette asked as Alice grinned wildly. "Are you excited! You're going to have your first Cullen baseball game! It's going to be cloudy tomorrow, and thunderstorms! My favorite combo." She squealed. Cole laughed as Carlisle chuckled at his daughter's excitement.

"So this is really a thing?" Cole asked as she turned to look at Carlisle and he nodded. "It's the only time we can. The sounds from the game blend in with the thunder." He told her. "I haven't played since I was young. Charlie taught me. I was actually pretty good, made the softball team." She told the two and Alice just grinned wider. "You'll be perfect! You can even wear Carlisle's jersey!" "We can be twins." Cole said with a grin as she looked over to him, to see a small smile.

"There is a small complication." Alice told them, and Carlisle sat up straighter. "Does it involve the nomads you saw earlier?" He asked and Colette looked between the two as Alice shook her head. "They should have left the area by now. What I'm talking about is Edward invited Bella." "What! I almost killed her the last time!" Cole shouted as a houseplant that was near, wilted.

"Colette!" Esme whined as she looked at her little plant. "I'm sorry, but you can't be serious Alice." "Oh she is. He told us last night as you were sleeping." Rosalie hissed, coming down the stairs. Rose still wasn't the biggest fan of Bella, though it had less to do with her humanity now and more of the danger she brought to the family. "I don't see anything happening." Alice told her and Cole scoffed.

"Alice, you can't see my future, and it doesn't help if you see my niece's death after the fact." "Hey, calm down darling. It will be okay. Remember, Alice can still see everyone else, even if you are around. If she doesn't see anything happening, I trust her." Carlisle said, pulling her into his chest, wrapping an arm securely around her waist. "You're right, I'm sorry." Colette said, looking at Alice. The pixie girl gave her a bright smile. "It's okay. I would be nervous if it was family too." Alice told her.

Cole worked her bottom lip in between her teeth as all the possibilities ran through her head, flinching when she saw herself attacking her niece. "It will be okay Cole. You're not gonna kill anyone. Everyone is going hunting, I suggest you do as well sometime just to be on the safe side." Alice said, walking out of the back door, the rest of the family following her.

Colette went to stand up but Carlisle pulled her back down. "What-" "You're not going hunting until I can convince you you aren't a threat to your niece." "But I am." She told him, working her bottom lip once more.

Carlisle used his thumb to release her lip, his eyes locked onto hers. "You're not. Let me show you how I know." He told her, leaning down to kiss her lips. "I know", kissing her lips again, "because", making his way to her jaw, he left little kisses and love bites that bruised, then healed immediately. "You are", continuing to kiss down her neck, her breathing started to stutter. "The most amazing", nuzzling into her neck he gently kissed her collar bone, making her gasp. "Woman I have ever met." He finished as he found her sweet spot, a whine falling from her lips as his teeth gently nipped at the area.

Rising back up, he looked back into her eyes, that had turned their purple color. "You are fiercely protective of her, Cole. Though every fiber of your being is fighting against you, your head and your heart win every time. You won't hurt her because you won't allow yourself to. That's why I fell for you so hard, Colette Swan. You're amazing." He told her as tears gathered in her eyes.