37. The Troubled Swordsman

"Well now. All that's left is to see who get's who out of these two." Lightweight 

"Dibs on the cute interloper. I bet he'll look absolutely scrumptious with some scars all over his body." Khan Lin Lin

"I think she likes you." Ares says then appears on Shiro's shoulders. 

Athena also appears on the other side shoulder of Shiro.

"She better keep her filthy mortal hands to herself." Athena 

Ryuuga unsheathes his sword, raises it above his head and a large amount of Ice Shards would start to form above him. 

"Sub Zero: Frozen Tundra!" Ryuuga says then swings his sword down. 

The ice shards fly towards the opposing side with their points aimed at everyone there. they would reach halfway where they would suddenly shatter into the ground due to Lightweight using his power over gravity on the shards of ice. 

"My power may not work on you directly, but your ice is not attached to you. And THAT is the cold hard truth." Lightweight

"Hmph! I get enough ice jokes from that walking match stick... Fine. The direct approach it is then." Ryuuga

Before Shiro makes his move he quickly notices that someone is missing. Shiro suddenly gets an eerie feeling and instinctively leans back just in time to dodge a sudden jab from Lin Lin's dagger. Lin Lin didn't stop there as she grabs another dagger from her lower back and makes another attempt at stabbing Shiro. Once again, Shiro is able to quickly react by bringing his leg up and kicks the dagger out of Lin Lin's hand. Khan Lin Lin leaps backwards while Shiro catches his balance.

"Whoa there. Talk about eager." Ares

"No kidding." Shiro

"My oh my. You really are an interesting one aren't you? This is going to be much more fun than I had hoped." Khan Lin Lin says then catches her dagger that was kicked up out of her hand. 

"She got very close to you in a matter of seconds. It would be wise to not underestimate that one." Athena 

"Noted." Shiro

"Well... I think that it's about time that I get in on the fun as well!" Split says as he walks up next to Lin Lin while cracking his knuckles.

"You thinking what I am thinking?" Khan Lin Lin

"What else would I be thinking about?" Split

Split suddenly activates his ability and exact duplicates of himself would start to pour out of his body. They immediately rush after both Shiro and Ryuuga. Ryuuga stands calmy and would send out an ice wave that starts to comb the area ahead of him. The ice area effect would be halted from Lightweight once again using his ability of gravity to crush the ice wave. Ryuuga gets annoyed the moment he notices this occurrence and prepares himself. Three Splits jump up above Ryuuga but Ryuuga quickly reacts with a single horizontal strike that cuts all three witch causes them to vanish from sight. From below, five of Split's clones rush after Ryuuga but Ryuuga is aware as he quickly slashes each one just below their chins causing them to vanish as well. The wave of Splits didn't stop there as Ryuuga finds himself constantly cutting through more of them. 

"This is a pretty interesting combo." Shiro says as he deals with the coordination of Split's clones and Khan Lin Lin's attacks.

Split attacks Shiro with a barrage of feints mixed in with actual attacks that Shiro successfully avoids. Lin Lin uses Split's clones as cover to activate her ability to vanish in order to strike after Shiro. The moment that Shiro blocks Lin Lin's sneak attack, she mixes in with the clone crowd and strikes after Shiro the moment that she thinks she is able to. This process is repeated in what seems to be an endless cycle.