20. Think Fast!

Lucas Parker, better known as Light Speed is currently occupying himself in his work at his desk. He continues to type on his keyboard until his eyes meets a framed picture on his desk. He continues to type but keeps his eyes on the photo. The photo consists of Samuel code named Road Burn, Jackson code named Charger, Ciara being Road Burn's mother and Lucas himself. Lucas stops typing, grabs the picture and holds it up.

"Ciara.... Where are you?" Lucas

Lucas sets the picture down when a screen pops up on his monitor showing both Nas and Torque in the lab area.

"Hey Doc! You busy?" Nas

"I am always busy for you two. What do you want?" Lucas

"Ah don't be like that Doc. We've been working on something and we could really use your input on it." Torque

"Oh? You two actually made something? I'm whelmed." Lucas

"Yeah and we really want to know what you think about it! Come oooon!" Nas

Lucas stares at them until he lets out a deep breathe and shakes his head.

"Give me a minute." Lucas

"Sure thing Doc. We'll be here anxiously waiting." Torque says ending the screen chat.

Lucas takes a moment to reflect, gets up out of his chair and gives a quick glance at the photo before he walks out of the office. Lucas could've used his speed to get to the lab but he simply takes his time and walks over. He enters the lab and sees both Torque and Nas on the other end of the room.

"You actually walked here?! You?!" Nas

"I was told that I needed to slow down. Some helpful advice actually." Lucas

"Wierd advice to give to a speedster." Nas

"Yeah. Anyway, what is it you made that you wanted my input on?" Lucas

"Oh yeah. It's right here." Torque

"Come take a look!" Nas

They say as they move to the sides to reveal a small device. Lucas begins to walk forward towards them to get a closer look.

"Hey Henry. Where's the remote?" Torque

"I got it right here!" Nas says as he pushes the button on the remote.

The device they were next to, along with  other devices that were strategically placed in the lab form a triangle zone that sends high pitched sounds waves that immediately take effect on Lucas causing tremendous pain in his head as he screams out in agony and he drops to his knees. Two small canisters land next to Lucas and they both activate simultaneously. They both light up and Lucas's black and red electrical current begins to be sucked out of him. The electricity enters the cylinder devices until they are full signalled by a beeping sound. The devices are only turned off then. Lucas removes his hands from his ears to notice the blood running out and shakes in pain.

"Sorry Doc! But we were tired of coming in last place!" Nas says as he and Torque pick up a cylinder each.

"No hard feelings yeah?" Torque says just before they speed off.

The pain that Lucas feels is indescribable and his hearing is rendered completely useless. Lucas suddenly feels himself losing consciousness and quickly reaches in his pocket. He pulls out his phone, slowly types a message and presses send just before he loses consciousness. At the same time, a JetBlue plane is currently en route heading towards New York. Because of the sudden appearance of a storm the plane takes a new course over the east coast. The plane flies normally until it starts to show signs of power complications. All of the people on the flight including the pilots begin to show great concern and would panic the moment the power to the plane shuts down completely. The plane starts to plummet down and would fall faster as the nose of the plane is aimed directly at the ground. Road Burn is currently walking out of the Panthers Den Pizza & Deli in Gold Beach Oregon where he just finished eating nearly 40,000 calories of pizza. His wrist device suddenly goes off alerting him of the crashing Jet Blue flight.

"The hell?! And of all places! Christ." Road Burn says as his black and yellow electrical storm surges around him.

Road Burn quickly races off from the west coast to the east coast all while trying to figure out how he is going to stop an airplane from crashing. Streaks of fire is left in his trail and Raod Burn causes multiple sonic booms.

"Alright. No super strength, no flight, no power of magnetism and no telekinesis. Think. Think. Think. Think. Think. Think.... I wonder." Road Burn says as the plane comes into view.

The plane is still thousands of feet up but Raod Burn acts fast. There is no wasted motion as Road Burn gets directly under the plane, calculates some self measurements and electrifies his storm to an extreme level. Road Burn immediately starts to run in a circle creating a tornado that quickly rises high up. Another minute goes by when the tornado makes contact to the nose of the plane. The plane immediately begins to slow its momentum but still plummets. The nose of the plane starts to move up and the moment the plane levels out Road Burn widens his running radius witch in turn largens the tornado. The tornado keeps the plane level as it carefully lowers it down. It takes another moment but the tornado gently sets the plane down on the ground and only then does Road Burn stop running. He has one hand on his knee, the other hand pressed against the plane and his head down as he gasps for air. His body vibrates at an extreme velocity, his storm current violently surges around him and the fire trail is left in his running circle.

"I think.... I ran.... Off... All the... Pizza..." Road Burn says then picks his head up.

Road Burn knew that he entered a stadium but he never stopped to think what stadium it was and notices that the stadium is packed with people. He takes out his phone to get a look at his GPS.

"The MetLife Stadium?... Well. At least your close to New York right?" Road Burn

Road Burn suddenly gets a message on his phone from Lucas that only reads one word. "Help". The moment Road Burns sees this message he gets very confused. Lucas is the fastest among the five speedsters. For him to send this is unprecedented so Road Burn decides to check the cameras of the lab to be sure and once he sees Lucas on the ground in a small pool of blood his adrenaline spikes. Road Burn immediately speeds off to the Fermilab in Illinois, arrives in no time at all, phases through the door and walls to see that the picture he saw on his phine was spot on.

"Lucas!!" Road Burn