21. The Raging Storm

Road Burn moved Lucas to the medical area of the facility with him laying on a med bed in an enclosed room. Road Burn sits at the console with his head resting in his hands. Road Burn had contacted Sky and he suddenly bursts through the door. He stops, examines the scene and notices that Road Burn hasn't moved an inch.

"... How bad is he?" Sky asks walking up beside of Road Burn.

"... I was able to share my storm with him and stop him from dying." Road Burn

"Your storm? What about his?" Sky

Road Burn doesn't answer. He grabs a small device, slams it in front of Sky and presses the play button all while keeping his head down in his other hand. The video is from the security cameras that recorded what Nas and Torque did to Lucas.

"Those two? They stole Lucas's storm?... That device. It looks a lot like that capture pocket that Kenshin and Mei Ling described when they encountered D.N.A. along with that corrupted Manifest." Sky says while examining the video.

Sky looks over to Road Burn who hasn't moved from his position the entire time.

"You're obviously angry." Sky

"No. I'm pissed. You mind watching him for me?" Road Burn says then gets up out of the chair.

"Yeah... You going after them alone?" Sky

"Yup." Road Burn says walking to the door.

"I obviously can't stop you?" Sky

"Nope." Road Burn

"Well then. I guess all that I can say is keep your head on straight." Sky

"Yeah." Road Burn says then exits.

Road Burn could've used his speed but decides to walk back to the lab where he found Lucas lying in his own blood. He stares at the blood stain for a short moment then would close his eyes. He opens his eyes and his vision becomes electrified. Road Burn has the ability to focus his vision and see other speedsters electrical current trails like footprints. Road Burn immediately picks up his target's trail and his storm ignites. Currently, both Nas and Torque are lounging on Miami beach in Florida soaking in the sunlight. They both suddenly feel a gust of wind that immediately catches their attention. They simultaneously turn their heads to see Road Burn standing over them. Before they are able to react or say anything, they both feel a massive impact against their stomachs that brakes the chairs they are sitting in. This causes a small panic as people start to move away. Both Nas and Torque cough up some blood before they slowy pick themselves up from the ground.

"Road Burn. Was wondering when you were going to show up." Torque

"Yeah! What took ya so long?!" Nas

Road Burn doesn't answer right away but instead clenches his fist and grits his teeth. The next thing that Torque and Nas see is a look of pure malice on Road Burn.

"You both have no idea, what you nearly did...." Road Burn

"Did?" Torque

"What are you going on about?! We got what we wanted an-" Nas

"You left Lucas in a pool of his own blood. Near death's door." Road Burn

Nas and Torque are a little shocked from hearing that and it shows.

"... So what?" Nas

"Excuse me?" Road Burn

"I said so what?!! Why couldn't we be faster than you or Lucas?!! Why couldn't we have a better skill set than that snot nose brat of his?!! Training?! Consistency?! Bull!!" Nas

"Its like we told Lucas. We were tired of always coming in last place. We just decided not to ask is all." Torque

"You... You both are unbelievable... We never asked for these powers, they were the result of you two trying to mug me and that brat's parents. Up till this very date I blame you two for what happened to my mother. Yet, even though you both were to blame.. Lucas was the only one to somehow convince me that instead of tearing you both to shreds, you could be put to work. He gave you both a second chance and you repay him by doing what you did..." Road Burn

Road Burn's storm aura appears all around him and it is much fiercer than it has ever been shown to be.

"I'm going to force you both to knock on death's door.. Then run for your lives!" Road Burn

"I guess there's nothing left to say." Torque says as his storm aura appears.

"Then let's shut up and fight!" Nas says as his storm aura appears.

They stare at each other for a moment before they speed away. Nas and Torque take the lead while Road Burn gives chase.

"Do you feel anything yet?!" Nas

"No. Nothing yet." Torque

"Well what the hell is taking so long?!" Nas

"Patience. Remember that it was never ours to begin with." Torque

"We don't have much time in case you didn't notice!" Nas

"What a nice conversation you both are having." Road Burn says appearing in between Nas and Torque.

Before a response was made Road Burn punches Nas in his face and Torque in his stomach. The punch sends Nas off into a pile of trash bins and slows Torque to a near stop while holding his stomach. Torque stops and quickly looks up to see Road Burn standing right in front of him right before he gets hit with an uppercut. The uppercut lifts Torque a couple of inches off of the ground, Road Burn spins with his leg out, kicks Torque with the heel of his foot and sends him flying through the nearest wall. Before Road Burn is able to set his foot back on the ground, Nas appears behind of him in striking motion and would aim his fist at Road Burn's head. Nas finds himself confused as he quickly realizes that he strikes nothing but air. Road Burn is currently behind of Nas who has an expression of fear on his face the moment he realised this. Road Burn sweeps Nas's legs placing him in a horizontal position off of the ground, brings his other leg up kicking Nas against his side keep him suspended, grabs his legs and begins to swing Nas around in a circle. With enough momentum built Road Burn releases Nas and sends him crashing through the same wall that Torque was sent through.

Road Burn walks closer, stops with some distance in between and stares at the scene made.

"Get up! You both aren't nearly as dead as I want you to be yet!" Road Burn