48. Closing Act

The pink creatures that surround Bass snarl after her making their intentions clear. The dark grey creature starts to circle on the outer radius of the pink creatures that surround Bass like a predator waiting to strike.

"Ooook. This just got worse for wear but never fear! I have me a good ol back up method. Assuming I can move faster than you that is." Bass says as she slowly moves her hands up.

The creature noticed this and decided to quickly make its move. It zips around and through the pink creatures to make it in front of Bass with in seconds. Bass tries to move fast enough to reach behind of her back the moment she notices the grey creature move but quickly finds that she is not fast enough. The grey creature moves its hand in striking position and aims its sharp nails for Bass's neck. The moment it thrusts its hand forward is the exact moment that Dalva appears and catches the grey creature's hand. 

"Dalva?!" Bass

 "You alright?" Dalva 

"Y-Yeah! I am now. Thanks." Bass

"I rushed as fast as I could when I saw this thing." Dalva

The grey creature yanks its hand away and tries to strike again but is quickly countered by Dalva knocking its hand away. The creature tries to strike multiple times but is swiftly countered each time. Dalva grabs both of the grey creature's hands and holds it in place.

"You know this thing?" Bass

"Unfortunately. It is apart of my little brother's ability." Dalva

"Who? Ronin?" Bass

"No. Drake. He not only has the power of minor mind control but he also has the power to create minions from his power alone." Dalva

"He. Can make. Vampire minions?... He has 2 abilities?!" Bass

Dalva knocks the creature back, giving her space.

"Correct." Dalva

".... That's dangerous. Right?" Bass

"Very. But he can only make about 10 at a time." Davla says as she positions her left hand up in front of her.

"10... Does that mean..." Bass

"That the others are about to strike. Yes." Dalva

The other grey minions belonging to Drake lurk in the shadows of the nearby buildings and use the shadows to move undetected. Dalva, however, can ascertain each one of their location is with her heightened senses.

"Can we handle all of these pinkies with the grey area lurking about?" Bass

Dalva snaps her fingers from the hand that she has held up, and her eyes surge with her green aura. A second goes by and 20 green vampire minion creatures appear around Dalva.

"They won't be a problem." Dalva

".... WHAT?... You.... You just made minions?! You can make minions too?! I thought your ability was the whole aura coating weapon thing like your other brother?! How many abilities do you have?!" Bass

10 of Dalva's minions leap after the grey minions and start their individual fights. The other 10 would immediately start to brawl with the pink creatures ripping through the crowd of them. 

"Each one of my younger siblings have their own unique abilities. Me, on the other hand, I'm a little different. My ability allows me to copy my family abilities and even amplify them." Dalva

"Whoa! Cool! So you basically double the ability since Drake can only make 10 and you just went and made 20 of them! That's awesome!" Bass

"Thank you. Let's keep our guard up. The fight is still going on. Can you use your ability with me this close?" Dalva

"It's going to be loud but if I aim it you should be fine if you stay behind of me. Got your ear plugs just in case?" Bass

"I do. Let's get this done then." Dalva

Bass pulls out 2 drum sticks, spins them, and positions herself ready for a fight.

"Right!" Bass

Up in the air. Both Phoenix and Druid are currently free falling from high up. Phoenix suddenly notices an abundance of heat signatures in the building next to them and sees that they are moving sporadically.

"Marcos. The building next to you." Helios

"Huh?" Phoenix

Phoenix turns his head and instinctively uses his heat vision to see what Helios is referring to. A small handful of people are about to be caught by a few of the pink creatures as they run for their lives. The creatures had the civilians in arms reach when Phoenix bursts through the glass wall and immediately acts.

"Phoenix shot!" The Phoenix says as he aims a single finger in a gun shape. 

A high condensed gem of fire takes shape in front of his finger and fires off a fire bullet for each creature that stands before him. Each fire bullet pierces the heads of the creatures immediately killing them. Phoenix doesn't stop there as he quickly positions himself at the center of the room and looks directly down. Using his heat vision, Phoenix sees that other creatures are hunting for other civilians down below and aims the same finger down. Phoenix charges another orb of fire in front of his finger and lets it build up as he carefully waits for an exact moment. Once Phoenix sees the moment get close he maxes out the orb of fire.

"Phoenix Shot: High Caliber!" Phoenix

He fires his shot and it instantly pierces the floors below while simultaneously piercing all of the attacking pink creatures rendering them instantly dead. Phoenix takes a breathe of relief knowing that he saved all of the people in his sights.

"Marcos! Above!" Helios

"Wha-!" Phoenix

Phoenix looks up with his heat vision and sees that there are more people in danger. He also realises that he won't make it in time.

"Hmmm. Guess I should lend a hand.... Huh?" Druid says as he continues to free fall.

A sudden energy spike catches Druid's attention and he looks in the direction that it originates from. A purple light zooms through the sky at high speeds but would suddenly come to a complete stop over the building that Phoenix is in. Almost instantly, the building gets covered from top to bottom with purple energy and the next thing that Phoenix knew, everything but him has been frozen in place. Phoenix extends his heat vision and is shocked by who the purple energy is originating from. 

"Don't I know this energy?" Druid

"Hey, isn't that-" Phoenix

Seraiah has her left hand pressed to the top of the building with her energy flowing through. 

"This is quite the festival that I woke up to." Seraiah 

Phoenix smirks and aims his finger with a continued charged fire ball directly up at a slight angle.

"Bueno!" Phoenix says just before he fires his shot and pierces the creatures in the floors above.

The shot comes out a few feet away from where Seraiah stands and that signals her to release her aura from around the building. 

"Huh. Impressive." Dalva

"Whoa." Bass

"Nice save." Amarok

"Chuh! Showoff!" Alpha

"She's finally awake?!" Specter

"Not bad." Druid

Ryuuga keeps his arms crossed as he stands over Drakes body.

"Nice shooting there." Helios

"Thanks Helios." Phoenix

Phoenix runs toward the window that he entered through and jumps out. Phoenix falls for a few seconds before he ignites flames from the palms of his hands adding to his speed.

"This is the Phoenix to all Alliance members in the area. Let's clean house!" Phoenix

"Right!" Most of them say in unison.

"Hmph." Seraiah

"Yeah. It's definitely more lively on this side." Specter says with a smile.