47. Close Call

As the creature plummets down, most are speechless as to what to do next. All except for two.

"Druid!!" Amarok

All who hears Amarok turn their head to see Druid running full speed toward him.

"Hammer throw!! Druid

Amarok puts his hands together, interlocks his fingers and places his hands just above the ground. Druid leaps forward and lands on Amarok's hands with both feet. Amarok swings his arms with all his might and launches Druid up in the air. Druid is launched with so much force that he ends up halfway in between the massive falling creature and the ground below.

"Mom. Grant me the power." Druid

Druid takes a deep breathe and spreads his arms out at a perfect horizontal with his back facing down. A brief moment passes and everyone starts to feel the ground shake. A large amount of roots immediately rise from the ground and head straight up at alarming speeds. As they rise up from the Earth, the roots grow larger and larger in mass. The roots rise up far and wide as they shoot past Druid who's momentum has started to succumb to gravity. The roots quickly make it to the massive creature and get right to work. Each root makes contact with the creature and starts to spread around it. With each root that spreads, the falling creature begins to slow down and after a while it comes to a complete stop. Everyone remains speechless as the creature is suspended way up high. Amarok is the only one with a smile on his face. Specter lets out a breathe of relief and would hang her head low. As Specter rubs the back of her neck, she notices Ryuuga in a particular state. Ryuuga has his left hand holding the hilt of his sheathed sword with an icy mist surrounding where he stands. Since the massive creature has been stopped the mist disappears, Ryuuga calms his posture and would cross his arms. Specter stares for a moment and gets irritated without realizing. Druid sits on one of the many large roots way up high as he looks down at the city. Although, the peace of mind immediately goes away the moment Druid hears some of the roots break from high up. The massive creature roars as he starts to break himself free root by root. 

"So much for a breather." Druid says as he stands up on the root he sits on.

Just before Druid is about to make his move he feels a presence approach at high speed. He looks to the direction he feels the presence and sees a small fireball on approach in the distance. The fireball gets larger as it gets closer and Druid makes out what it is. 

"Empower the Phoenix!!" The Phoenix

The fireball is engulfed in a larger flame and Helios, the fire bird that resides inside of Marcos code named The Phoenix emerges from the flames. Helios gets in close and grabs the massive creature's shoulders with his talons. With one easy effort, Helios flaps his wings once and he easily lifts the massive creature while the roots snap off of it. Helios flaps a couple more times and would fling the creature straight up toward the portal. It doesn't reach all the way as it's momentum slows down but Helios isn't finished. With it's back facing the ground and it's wings spread out Helios starts to gather a large amount of fire at a focused point in front of him. A fire ball is formed and it quickly grows. The fireball easily grows to a size much larger than the creature and it continues to grow. The moment that the fireball grows to a suitable size, Helios flaps his wings and the fireball is launched straight up. The fireball rises up and makes contact with the creature completely overwhelming it. The creature is sent back through the portal and the portal is even burnt out of existence. The massive fireball slowly withers away as it rises higher and Helios would switch back with Marcos. 

"*Phew! Nicely done Helios!" The Phoenix

"My pleasure." Helios

"Hey! You stole my thunder!" Druid

The Phoenix turns to see Druid rise up to his level while standing on a root that shoots up next to him.

"Yup! With style!" The Phoenix

"Pff! Show-off! Well since you're here you might as well help with the stragglers on ground level!" Druid

"Happy to help!" Phoenix

Aiden has had a look of disbelief from the moment that he witnessed the massive creature appear and has kept his look for the duration of the events that happened the moment it was sent back into the portal. 

"What's the matter?" Amarok

Aiden lowers his head to meet Amarok's gaze on him.

"Did you just realize that you were this close to barking up the wrong tree with Druid?" Amarok

".. Sh-shut up! I am merely just... Slightly impressed is all! I could've done that myself if I wanted to!" Aiden

"Care to explain how?" Amarok

"NO!" Aiden 

"Didn't think so. Listen. As much as I would love to continue this brotherly love quarrel, how about we reschedule?" Amarok

".... As much as I hate to agree with you.... I guess it is appropriate. For now. I'll postpone your death until I properly make your tomb." Aiden

"Uh huh. It sounds like you got overwhelmed with my team and the threat at hand. But that must be my imagination right." Amarok

"... Of course it is!" Aiden

"You just agreed with me again." Amarok

"Ooooooohhh!!" Aiden

Aiden turns to face his older brother but is interrupted by the many number of creatures suddenly surrounding them.

"They're getting annoying." Aiden

"Then you have something in common." Amarok

"Count yourself lucky that they have my attention at the moment!" Aiden 

"... It could be my imagination, but... It sounds like you're about to fight with me instead against me?" Amarok

"You better hope no one heard you say that!" Aiden

Over by Bass, she has been playing her guitar in a multiple number of tunes that utilizes her ability of sound manipulation. One tune puts up a sound wall behind her, which repels a large number of the pink creatures backward in the direction they came from. Another tune launches large  condensed sound projectiles after the oncoming creature to Bass's front, which sends them back into a nearby building. Bass suddenly feels a slight distortion in the sound field that alerts her and causes Bass to lean back as fast as she could. Bass leans back just in time to avoid something moving at high speed. While Bass was able to avoid the sudden attack, her guitar was much less fortunate, seeing as how it got destroyed.

"Whoa!" Bass

Bass stumbles back but is able to catch her balance. She quickly looks over to see what made an attempt on her and is a bit startled by the sight. Another type of creature, colored a dark grey, slowly turns around, showing a piece of the guitar in between its sharp teeth right before it closes its jaws crushing it to pieces. The creature locks eyes onto Bass who stands in place with caution.

"Oh boy." Bass