17. The Overconfident

"I was wrong... He is much more dangerous than I previously thought he was." Six

Mal'ach stares at Kenshin and is quite puzzled by his appearance.

"Are.. Are you alright?" Hibanika

"Yeah I'm good. Your aura vanished off of me so I came to check on you. It took some persuasion but I convinced brain dead there to let me pass." Kenshin says as he walks further in.

"Those flames... What the hell are you?" Six

Before Kenshin could answer, another team of Mal'ach's Minions appear from the shadows and surround him. Yet Sigma doesn't stop or even slow his pace. The zombie minions react the same way that they did the first time that they got near Kenshin and would keep a constant distance away from him as he walks on. This time, Kenshin instills a massive amount of fear in Mal'ach's minions by using his Bloodlust that is felt by everyone and completely silence the noisy zombies. Mal'ach slightly flinches from feeling the massive Bloodlust but is able to keep his composure.

".. W.. What was... That?" Six

"The peanut gallery is quite bothersome. So... Mal'ach Ha'Mavett. You mind bringing me up to speed?" Sigma

"... And just who are you to just casually walk in here unannounced?" Mal'ach

"Me? The name's Sigma. And judging by the scene presented, you were up to no good with these lovely young ladies.... How about you come down here off of that chair and stretch your legs for a minute?" Sigma says as he steps over Mal'ach's general at the center of the large room.

Mal'ach bursts into laughter in reaction to Sigma's request.

"And what makes a plebeian like you think that I would waste my time with-" Mal'ach

A sudden occurrence cuts Mal'ach's words short. The top part of Mal'ach's chair is cut just above his head, falls and tumbles down the stairs his throne is perched on. Mal'ach leans his head up, sees where his chair is cut and then looks back at Sigma.

"Get over here." Sigma

Mal'ach scuffs and shakes his head.

"... Seeing as how my general is unable to move and those rowdy cowards refuse to move against you.... I will have to personally teach you what it means to oppose my will." Mal'ach

"I'm waiting." Sigma

Mal'ach gets up off of his chair and begins to walk down. Half way, Mal'ach stretches his arm out to the side, opens his hand and a hooked staff appears in his grasp.

"What the hell is he thinking?! Mal'ach isn't some small time lacky! Dammit! I have to-" Six

Six is interrupted from Hibanika grabbing her arm and stopping her.

""What are you doing?! I have to-" Six

"Use your better judgment Six.. Mine is telling me that you will only get in the way." Hibanika

Six looks at Hibanika with uncertainty but none the less understands what she is talking about. They both watch on as the much taller Mal'ach stops in front in Kenshin and stares down at him.

"Well? How does it feel to have dug your own grave?" Mal'ach

"Ask me again when you are looking up at me from the floor." Sigma

Hearing that annoys Mal'ach and it shows. There is complete silence before they both grasp their weapons with both hands, clash thier weapons causing a shock wave that is felt throughout the area and beyond. They both push off of each other and Mal'ach is quick on the attack. Mal'ach brings his hook staff crashing down after Kenshin, but Kenshin clashes his blade against the attack and parries the staff forcing it to crash into the ground. Kenshin brings his sword up in striking motion and Mal'ach reacts by moving his staff in the way. The attack is met by Mal'ach's staff but the impact lifts him a few centimeters off of the ground to his surprise. Mal'ach reacts once again by bringing up the hook part of the staff up after Kenshin who leans back and avoids the sudden attack. Mal'ach stumbles back a little but catches his balance.

"It appears that you are stronger than you look." Mal'ach

"Better hope you don't lose because you underestimated me." Sigma

"Your mockery is quite admirable in the face of a superior being. Shall I truly show you how much weaker you are compared to me?" Mal'ach

"You sure talk a lot." Sigma

Mal'ach stares at Kenshin and briefly shakes his head. Mal'ach's energy suddenly appears around him and flows violently. Both Hibanika and Six feel the immense pressure coming from Mal'ach and couldn't help but feel intimidated. Mal'ach would then tap the bottom of his staff on the ground a couple of times and slowly begins to twirl it. Mal'ach gradually gains speed and begins to cause a large draft of wind with each swing.

".... Something is wrong. I can feel Mal'ach's energy as plain as the sun's rays but... I can only feel some heat from the flames that are enimating from Sigma. Why is he not backing down?" Six

"... They say that confidence is one of two things. It could mean that you are foolish or... It could mean that you've already won." Hibanika

"Can you tell which one he is right now?" Six

Hibanika doesn't answer Six because she herself is unsure. Kenshin stands his ground with no sign of retreat.

"His staff is gathering energy." Jiyu

"I am getting a concerned feeling my king. This type of power is none like we've faced yet there is a familiarity to it." Moeru Joo

"I agree with that. I better take extra care when receiving the attack then." Sigma

".... Are you absolutely sure about that decision my lord? I don't mean to question your methods but, I don't think you have encountered something so.. Sinister like. That power does seem somewhat familiar like Moeru Joo said." Jiyu

".... I think this is the first time that I have seen you two genuinely concerned... Alright. I'll be extra careful with this one. More so than other times at least." Sigma

"That is all we ask my king." Moeru Joo

"What I, Mal'ach Ha'Mavett am about to show you is but a sliver of what happens when I decide to fight. Are you prepared I wonder?" Mal'ach asks as he still twirls his hooked staff in his one hand.

"Let's find out shall we?" Sigma

Mal'ach expected to see some fear in Kenshin and is a little irritated as a result. Mal'ach suddenly stops twirling his staff and raises it up high with the hook aimed upward. Mal'ach would then swing the staff downward with the hooked part aimed out, and stops the motion just above the floor. For a short moment there is nothing but silence and Kenshin stands in place expectantly. The next thing that Kenshin knew he feels a sharp and immense pain along his body. A long cut opens up along Kenshins body and blood splatters out seconds later surprising Six, Hibanika and Kenshin more so.