1. A Fatal Blow

Allana is currently fast asleep with her head laying on her desk at work. She would continue to sleep soundly if it weren't for one of her coworkers droping a pile of files on her desk jumping her out of her sleep. She looks up to see that it is Adrian Kingsley.

"Morning sunshine! How are you?" Adrian

"Ugh. What do you want Adrian?" Allana

"Oh come now. I just came to check on my favorite coworker is all! Heard you pulled 2 all nighters in a row." Adrian

"Yeah. Captain put me on the missing girls case but I haven't gotten any kind of leads." Allana says as she rubs her temples.

"Where is you partner'n soulmate?" Adrian

"Jarred, is out following a lead." Allana

"Hmmm. Well I don't have anything planned for the next couple of days. How's about your favorite partner in crime lend a helping hand with a fresh set of eyes?" Adrian

".... I already said that Jarred isn't here." Allana

"... Second favorite." Adrian

"Micheal ain't here either." Allana responds while flipping through her case file.

"Am I 3rd?" Adrian

"Nope." Allana

"Who's 3rd?!" Adrian

"It's a tie between Carolyn in homicide and Marry." Allana

"The custodian?!" Adrian

"The very same." Allana

"Just, tell me what you have so far." Adrian

"2 women went missing in the last couple of nights. Brown hair with dark highlights, early 20s, hazel eyes, white and 5' 7". They were both out solo and the security cameras were wiped. Witnesses say that the first one was abducted by someone wearing a sweat suit and the 2nd was abducted by someone in a full body cloak." Allana says then hands Adrian a case file.

"Well someone is being very thorough. They were both covered head to toe so no kind of description on body features other than one was 6 feet and the other was about 7 feet ish... Well at least you don't have nothing right?" Adrian

"I might as well have nothing. One location was in Madison Square and she was picked up in broad daylight. The other was in Long Island also in broad daylight." Allana

"Hmmm. Wonder what kind of psycho we're up against?" Adrian

Allana's desk phone suddenly begins to ring. Allana reaches for it but Adrian beats her to it.

"Allana Cane's desk how may I be of.... Say what? Yeah... Got it." Adrian says then hangs up the phone.

"Do that again and-" Allana

"Carver Federal Savings Bank, Atlantic Terminal Mall. Lets go." Adrian

"Wha? Don't they have units over there?" Allana

"Reports say there was an attempt at a kidnapping! Hustle!" Adrain says from down the hall.

"Lead with that next time!" Allana says following Adrian's lead.

They both make their way to Brooklyn and arrive at the scene. They exit their vehicle, examine the police perimeter, walk closer where they are met by an officer.

"Talk to me." Allana

"She means us. Adrian

"Lieutenant Cane. Private Kingsley. The perp is inside the bank with a female fitting the targeted descriptions." Officer

"Anyone else?" Allana

"No. Just them." Officer

"Any confirmation on a weapon?" Adrian

"No. The perp has on a full body cloak and with the girl positioned in front of him we definitely can't take any risks." Officer

They move up to one of the barricades and get a clear look at the situation. A tall cloack figure, standing right behind of a female matching the other abducted females descriptions wearing a large pair of shades witch make it hard for a positive I.D. and they stand a few feet from the front door.

"He's been like that for an hour now." Officer

"What's he doing?" Adrian

".... He's waiting." Allana

"Waiting? For what?" Adrian

Before Allana could respond she glimpses a shadow pass by on the inside of the bank and gets a little annoyed.

"Hold your positions." Allana

"Huh? Why?" Adrian

"They aren't alone. Trust me, you don't want any part of this. Just watch." Allana

On the inside. The hostage is breathing heavily but remains still with her arms tied behind her back.

"I see no weapon which begs the question..." Says a voice to the left of both the cloaked person and the hostage.

They both turn left to see Sigma leaning against a desk with his arms crossed facing them.

"Who the hell are you?" Sigma

The female is speechless and the cloaked person is completely covered so Sigma can't make out any facial expression. That is until he raises his head enough for Sigma to see that the person under the cloak is Geostep.

"Oh." Sigma

Geostep wastes no time as he instantly teleports from behind of the hostage and reappears behind of Sigma in a roundhouse kick motion. Sigma quickly crouches down as fast and as low as he could and avoids the kick. In that instant, Moeru Joo's sword appears on Sigma's side and he had grabbed the handle the moment he crouched down. Sigma simultaneously spins to his right and draws out his sword and an Iai striking motion. Sigma fully draws out his blade and finds that he only missed Geostep by a centimeter. Geostep had teleported out of immediate danger to the other end of the room. Sigma's second sword Jiyu appears on his side with Moeru Joo and he draws it out.

"And I thought today would be a slow day." Sigma

"D-Did that dude just teleport?!" Adrian

"Of course he did." Allana says sarcastically.

Allana carefully pulls out her cell phone, keeps it hidden from any prowling eyes, and swifly sends a message out.

"Please hurry." Allana says to herself.

Both Sigma and Geostep stare at each other waiting for the other to make the first move. The female hostage continues to tremble in fear as she looks back and forth between Sigma and Geostep. Sigma caught a glimpse of Geostep's eyes and instantly knew what his next move would be. Geostep teleports from his current spot and would end up next to the female. Before he was able to grab her, Geostep's eyes catch a quick glimpse of Sigma just above the female in attack motion and was able to teleport out of the 2 blade strikes path. While Sigma is still in motion above the female he notices that Geostep had teleported to the other side of the hostage and acted intantly. Unable to swing his sword without harming the female Sigma throws his silver blade like a spear after Geostep.

The sword flies past the hostage and heads straight for Geostep's head. Geostep teleports just in time to avoid the blade and ends up behind of Sigma once more in attack motion. Sigma had already landed with his front facing the hostage and had already thrusted his crimson blade behind of him from his left side in a similar motion of him place his sword in its sheath but at a much faster pace. Sigma easily felt his crimson blade pierce deep through flesh. Sigma's gaze is directed toward the ground but he quickly realizes that he has done something very wrong. He realizes this the moment he notices that he is looking down at Geostep's feet instead of the female hostage's own. Sigma looks up and his eyes meet Geostep's witch glares down at him. Sigma hears a couple of blood soaked coughs that causes him to quickly turn around to see that his crimson sword has pierced through the stomach of the female hostage.