14. The Will To Fight On

Panic erupts through out the Kijin kingdom as the meteor falls closer and even as the meteor falls the person continues to chant inside of the alchemy circle.

"The barrier is gone?!!" Civilian 1

"What are we going to do?!!" Civilian 2

"Help us!!!" Civilian 3

Kenshin remains on the balcony as all of the people panic throughout the kingdom.

"My lord. Are you not going to assist? With your skill you could easily take out four or five of those falling meteors." Jiyu

"The princess did say that she was sad that she needed help." Moeru Joo

"That's exactly why I am not helping right away... Besides, they haven't given up yet." Kenshin

"Hm?" Jiyu

Kenshin watches on as both Hibanika and Omadu continuously leap upward from the chains that Hibanika constantly creates for footing in mid air.

"Are you able to do it?!" Hibanika

"There isn't much choice! Besides! I am feeling quite refreshed!" Omadu

They leap up a few more feet when Omadu gives one big leap upwards and heads straight for the falling meteor. Both Omadu and Hibanika's aura begins to rage fiercely as they ready themselves. Omadu's body mass suddenly doubles in size adding on to his overall power.

"Serpent Chain: Web Of Shadows!!" Hibanika

Hibanika uses her Serpent Chain technique to create a large amout of chains in between herself and Omadu giving him ample footing. The moment both Hibanika and Omadu ignited their powers is the exact moment that every Kijin in the kingdom stop panicking to observe what is about to happen. Omadu collides his palms against the meteor, the result is a masive shockwave that is felt from a great distance and the meteor comes to a near full stop. That being the case Omadu isn't able to fly so he slowly succumbs to gravity. Omadu falls a little bit until his feet finds Hibanika's chains to stand on. At first it seems like the chains are able to support the massive weight but they begin to slowly break one by one. Cheers start to erupt from all that watches on as the royal siblings of the Kijins perform on. Hibanika starts to struggle to keep the chains in tact but does her best to keep holding on.

"Omadu! Do it now!" Hibanika

Omadu takes a deep breath, leans to the side and throws the massive meteor. Its travels far, crashes into the main gate and tumbles outside of the gate leaving everything and everyone inside unharmed. Applause erupts throughout the entire kingdom in reaction to Hibanika and Omadu's success. Omadu's body turns back to normal and they both fall exhausted with big smiles on their faces. Hibanika falls a little bit before she finds that she has been caught in mid air.

"Well done princess." Kenshin

Kenshin catches Hibanika and keeps them from falling thanks to his hoverboard. Hibanika is surprised from Kenshin holding her in his arms, becomes flustered and averts her gaze.

"Um.. M... Mifu." Hibanika

"Hm?" Kenshin

".... Ani." Hibanika

Kenshin stares at Hibanika with slight confusion.

"..... You... Have to call me.. Ani." Hibanika

Kenshin smiles as they slowly descend.

"As you wish. Ani." Kenshin

Hibanika continues to blush until she suddenly remembers something that changes her expression. She leans her head and scans the area below. She then peaks over Kenshin's shoulder and finds who she is looking for. Jiyu is also descending while holding Omadu by his leg having him upside down. Omadu locks eyes with Hibanika, he waves at her, she lets out a breathe of relief and rests her head on Kenshin's shoulder. As they get near the ground they find that a large amount of the kingdom's populant crowd around the landing area. They space out allowing Kenshin to hop off of his hover board and it hovers in place. Jiyu gets closer toward the ground where she suddenly feels the weight in the hand that is holding up Omadu get extremely lighter. She looks to see that Omadu has slipped out of the boot that she was holding him by and finds that he has already dropped to the ground.

"I'm ok!" Omadu

".... Whoopsie." Jiyu says then disappears.

The massive earth storm cloud suddenly disappears and Kenshin gently lets down Hibanika who immediately addresses her people.

"The earth storm cloud may be gone but we must remain alert! All soldiers to your posts! Civilians to the safe zones!" Hibanika

The crowd cheers and moves to their objectives. Once everyone leaves, Hibanika begins to wobble but Kenshin wraps one arm behind her to keep her stable. The next thing Hibanika knew she hears something drop beside of her and it catches her attention. She turns to see the person who was enchanting words on the rooftop is now tied up and restrained on the floor. Moeru Joo lands next to Kenshin soon after.

"Is this the culprit?" Hibanika

"Yeah. I saw him on a building in a drawn circle reciting words and just being wierd. I know you said about the whole "Needing help" thing but I thought that you would like a word with him before he makes a quick exit." Kenshin

"... Thank you Mifu. At this rate, with the way my debt for you keeps piling up I don't think I'll ever be able repay you." Hibanika

Hibanika crouches down, removes the hood of the person and she is not happy with who she sees.

"Know him?" Kenshin

"Personally? No. But I know what kingdom he hails from. Omadu!" Hibanika

Without delay Omadu springs up, rushes over and stands beside Hibanika who stands upright.

"Call for a meeting with the witch. I wish to have words with her." Hibanika

"That won't be easy. What should I tell her to convince her?" Omadu

Hibanika grabs the man by the ropes that bind him and holds him up in front of Omadu.

"You tell that witch word for word, that the princess of all Kijin plans on responding to this declaration of war." Hibanika