Chapter 8

"Alright, you do understand that you're about to go through hell, don't you?" 

Toga jumped playfully next to Midoriya as they walked in the back allies of the city, which was a shortcut that he usually walked with Dabi or Toga to avoid Bakugo. He rarely walked with Toga alone, because Dabi was usually the one with him, but he was still pissed at Midoriya for choosing to partner with the league.

"He'll get over it eventually. As a matter of fact, I think he's trying to be all parent like, but he's really happy about this." Toga had explained when he asked her about Dabi.

"I'm ready. I'm ready to go through hell and back if that means I'll get a quirk." Toga rolled her eyes over-dramatically, and Midoriya ignored her, his words not exaggerated even in the slightest. If that's what it took, he'd do it. 

"I hope you mean what you said." Toga mumbled, and they continued walking towards his house, not saying another word, when a voice stopped them. 

"Hey, kiddos!" Midoriya and Toga stopped and turned towards the person who seemed to have called them. It was a man in his forties, his face wrinkled slightly and his eyebrows too thick and black for his blond hair, which was even more of a mess than Midoriya's, if that was even possible.

"Sup?" Toga asked casually, her hands crossed on her chest nonchalantly, and her foot kicking back and forth almost excitedly, but casually nonetheless. Midoriya tensed. 

"Didn't your mommies warn you allies are dangerous, hm?" Midoriya knew where this was going, and tried his best not to panic, but Toga simply quirked an eyebrow at him playfully, not showing even the slightest hint of hestiance or any movement towards the streets.

"We'll be out in a second...!" Midoriya took Toga's hand in his and started pulling her away from the man, not wanting any trouble. The last thing he wanted was for Toga to suddenly get blood-thirsty and kill him, ugly or not, just because she was annoyed and hadn't drank blood in a while. 

"Now do you really think I'll let you off without teaching you a lesson? Few bruises should do a job!" The man stated. He then laughed hoarsely and somewhat maniacally, and Midoriya shivered, mostly from disgust. He didn't feel at all intimidated probably because of Shigaraki and All for One — now those are ones with an aura that's dark enough to make you shiver just from looking at them. 

Instead, he simply felt disgusted by how drunken and pathetic the man looked, and whether or not he could "teach them a lesson", he didn't feel like messing with someone like him. Do homeless villains have to live with people like these? Did Dabi live like this?!

"I don't think we should be the one taught a lesson though." Toga smirked, snapping Midoriya out of his thoughts as she stood her ground stubbornly. 

"Oh really? Try'na be all intimidating, huh?" He then rose his hand, and Midoriya saw his palm glowing a dangerous red. Much like Bakugo's when he readied an explosion. Not good. 

"You're gonna get a few burns for that then too." The villain snickered. 

He then started to rush towards them, but before he could reach his hands towards their faces, Toga took out a knife from her shoe in a second, but to even greater surprise, she shoved it into Midoriya's hand, closing the knife in Midoriya's hand, making him grip it, and swung using his hand, stabbing the man right into his throat. 

Toga stepped back, and Midoriya shook in shock and fear as he slowly processed what happened, the bloodied knife still in his hand as he looked down at the sight in front of him. 

The man was laying on the ground, chocking and coughing up blood, his hands around his throat, eyes rolling back as he tried to breathe, the blood pouring out of his wound and into his throat choking him.