"That's alright. I'm fine, omega."

"You're looking a little pale. And you look tired." Niven moved a little closer and tapped on his shoulder. "Take your coat off, you may feel a bit more comfortable."

"Omega, please..."

"Arien, we can't have you get even more frustrated-"

"I've already lost my temper a few days ago, I can't make you stay with me again today," Arien interrupted with a growl. Niven pulled away, surprised by the sudden shift in his tone.

"What's wrong?"

Arien looked at him for a moment before moving his gaze down and placing a hand over his face. "Shit," he murmured. "I really... can't have you near me."

"A-Alpha?" Niven tried grabbing the male's attention when Arien looked even more distressed. His alpha held a hand up to stop Niven from moving closer, but the boy knocked his hand away and grabbed the beastman's wrists. "What's wrong? Are you that unwell? We can move to the sofa and you can sleep for a few minutes."

Arien was silent, just staring at his desk while his wolf ears lowered. His tail stopped swinging around and laid limp, completely unmoving.

"I really don't get it," Arien finally said.

Niven frowned. "Get what?"

"I don't understand why you're not angry at me from what I did. You already know how bad my temper gets, and what I did was inexcusable," Arien tried to explain, but he struggled a little. "I-I really can't have you around me anymore if I can't control my own temper. I think it's best if you stay away for just a little while."

"I-I'm not mad!" Niven panicked, seeing as how unusual it was to see Arien in such low spirits. "I mean, it was really shocking you acted like a real bastard, almost as bad as the others! Maybe even a little worse-"

Arien's face fell extremely hard. "Oh..."

"But that's not the point!" Niven realized his mistake and placed a hand on top of Arien's head. "Listen, what you said that day, all of it wasn't exactly wrong. It's reasonable for you to be angry since I kept such a large thing from you considering the rivalry between the groups, that wasn't fair to you or to the others."

"It wouldn't have mattered either way. It wasn't any of our business to know and if you wanted to keep it that way then we have no say in what you do," Arien stated.

"That may be true, but not telling you firsthand I was a Kingston was a different matter," Niven pointed out with a sour face. "I'm... really not mad. I don't think I even have the right to be since I acted a bit stupid as well."

"You aren't?" Arien questioned, still hesitant. "You really aren't? Puppy, you don't have to lie."

"I'm not."

"I scared you."

"I get scared pretty often."

Arien huffed, "That still doesn't excuse what I forced you to do."

"Okay, I admit that's also true."

"Puppy."

Niven nervously grinned. "But that's also not the point. Listen, if you really want to make it up to me then hand over your coat and rest on the sofa for a while. I'll take over for a while, okay?"

Arien found it rather astonishing to see Niven not really caring about what had happened. Well, of course the boy did care seeing as how reluctant Niven was to spend more time with him, but he didn't look so concerned about what Arien forced him to do, although the beastman could still smell Niven's erratic fear every time the boy stood near him. That... made Arien worry a little. The alpha practically tried to train the boy to be obedient, even going as far as to force him on his knees.