The two worlds

Mulai dari awal

"Is that so... that's good then... It's already much too late. Go to sleep. Starting tomorrow, we'll teach you how to pass through the forest, at least. Under our guidance, you'll be sure to leave it safely." He tells us. "Thank you Sonju!" Emma says. I then remember what I wanted to ask. "Mind if I ask one more thing?" I ask placing my hand in my chest and looking down. "I don't see why not." He answers, "Am I.. am I part of that family..?" I ask, Emma looks surprised and Ray looked like he was about to ask the same question. 

"You probably already know the answer, I don't have any blood tests but you heard what the 'demon' said, you do have the characteristics of them and also the mindset of them. The reasons are unknown, but every ancient has the same looks as the last one." He answers. "But...Then why was Y/n placed on a farm with us if she's a descendants of such important family?" Ray asks carefully. "Rumors say it was her mother- or the last Ancient's dying wish to have her live a normal childhood with other human children, they couldn't risk having something bad happen to her on the other side, so they decided to place her on a farm, I believe, at the age of three?" Sonju answers, I nod. "So that was her..." I murmur to myself, thinking of the (H/c) hair with (E/c) eyes woman I had seen on my dream. "So does that mean Y/n is a super cool priestess or deity!?" Emma asks excitedly. We look at her and laugh at her excited face.

After that we make our way to where the others were sleeping and join them. 

***

"Be at ease, they won't find us down here. I myself, built this path, by connecting tunnels left behind by dead vampire trees. It's a true maze, only Mujika and I can find the exit. They from the plantations aren't very familiar with the forest. We can just stay in these forests until we clear the area." We continued walking through the tunnels, I hear Mujika call my name, "Here, this is yours, right?" She took out the Radar. I smile at her, "Yeah, thank you!" I thank her as she hands it to me. "Sonju said it almost fell off when he found you, I wanted to give it to you yesterday, but I guess I forgot" She says. We continue laughing and talking about random topics.

"Hey Mujika, do you live with your friends in this forest?" Alicia asks her, "Not 'live', we're just passing through! We travel through various lands, never stopping anywhere " She answers, "Why?" Dominic asks them, "Hmmm... Why, indeed" Sonju says. Sonju then proceeds to tell them about the promise and about the two worlds.

"A promise... a contract between humans and demons..." Don says. "One of Mr. Minerva's Morse code messages said 'Promise', right?" Gilda says. "So that's what that was about.." Don mutters, "Probably" I answer. "But... Sonju said we're on earth, but not on the human world... What does that even mean?" Nat asks, "The world was... 'split'..?" Anna asks 

(Time-skip cause I don't feel like writing the long ass conversation they had and it wasn't even important)

I was talking with Emma before we got cut off by Gilda calling Emma's name "By the way, Emma. Do you mind if I ask one little thing?" She asks, "Yeah, sure!" She answers. "It's something I have been itching to tell you since yesterday..." She says, Emma and I look at her confused. She places her hands on both of Emma's shoulders. "If you're not feeling well, will you please tell us." She asks yet it sounded more like an order. I flinch at how scary her face looks "You're alone in this one" I whisper to her before walking away, well, running away toward Ray, leaving Emma to deal with Gilda's rage. "G-Gilda?" She stutters looking at the girl in front of her, "Got it? You can't endure the pain until you pass out. You're forbidden." She firmly tells Emma. I watch the whole scene play out from a safe distance "You never take care of yourself properly, Emma! Even if it's a simple cold or fever and you die it's all over! Don't overdo it!!" Gilda scolds her angrily.

 She grabs Emma's cheeks and starts shaking them. I laugh nervously at the sight of Emma's distress. "Emma's being scolded" Ray says. "Ray too!" Chris tells him. This grabs my attention. "W-what?" He asks nervously. "Y/n said you wanted to be bait?" Chris says. He stares daggers at me, I simply shook them off by smiling normally. "And fight that Lizard Demon alone!" "And challenge the Demon farmers to a run? Do you think that's fine?!""It's not!" They scold him continuingly and I nod various times in agreement. 

"You take your eyes off Ray for a second and he's already getting himself killed" Lanni complains, "What, Again, Ray?" Thoma asks complainingly, "Yep, Jeez, he's totally hopeless!" I complain rubbing my temples. "Now wait right there! I wasn't-" He tries to argue but gets cut off by Rossi, "Oh yeah? Let's ask Sonju then!" He says pointing at Sonju. "His chances of surviving that situation were 0%." Sonju replies. "See?!" Says Chris. "HEY!" Ray shouts sweating buckets. Jemima hugs him. "I won't die! I won't die, so don't cry!" Ray tells her trying to stop her tears. I smile and mentally cheer. 'I'm going to get away without getting scolde-' I stop myself as I feel a fight-or-flight sensation run down my spine. 

I carefully turn around to see Gilda staring at me. Smiling, I quickly move behind Sonju but he moves aside.

 "And Y/n, you didn't mention the part about cutting off your ear when we were reviewing the plan." Gilda says calmly, smiling a scary smile while walking towards me, she places her hands on my shoulders . "And now that I think about it, you did volunteer yourself to go with Ray right? And also, Ray said it was your idea to split up. And I don't think your wound opened up out of thin air right? It started hurting way before it started bleeding didn't it? And Mujika did say you passed out for so long due to lack of sleep, mind telling us what that was about?" She recalls, now it's me the one sweating buckets.

 I feel someone place their arm on my head and lean on it, I didn't need to look to know it was Ray. "And you did practically jumped head on to grab a lit matchstick" Ray adds, That makes the kids look at my direction with panicked looks. I feel someone clung into my arm, I tilt my head to see Emma, "And what was that you said? 'Immortal until proven mortal'? I believe?" She asks. The kids stare at me with a mix of angry and panicked looks on their faces.

I start waving my hands in the air, my mind rushing to think of a believable excuse to get me out of this one. "Um- Yeah!- Well, uh, you s-see, I- for the first one-" I stutter but get cut off by Gilda pointing at Sonju, "Her chances of getting away were even more pitiful." He simply replies, 'So this is my karma h-huh' I think to myself. "Y/n's way too selfless!" Thoma complains, "True! She'd rather save a flower than her own skin!" Lanni adds, "I don't want Y/n to die either!" Jemima adds. "That's-" I try to argue but get cut off, "She also forgot about wearing her own scarf when we escaped the tree, Anna had to remind her to wear it." Nat complainingly adds. I sulk in defeat. Jemima, Alicia, and Yvette hug me tightly. I stare at them surprised. 

"You three care a lot about us, right? It's like that... This time, it was us who got super worried about you." Don says. "That's true, Don and Gilda were almost crying!" Nat says, which causes Don to get embarrassed. "If you need help, say it! If you're in pain, say it! Don't just try to do it all alone. We're brave too, you know? We'll find a way through anything so please... Please take care of yourselves!" Gilda says. "Yeah! We'll protect Y/n at all costs!" Lanni and Thoma say. I giggle at them doing a confident silly pose.

"A-alright, I promise!" I tell her, Emma also promises her that. We then continue walking, Ray and I walk behind everyone else. "Why do you think they didn't look more surprise about the part of me being some kind of... you know?" I ask him, "I think because they already considered you as some kind of angel or even goddess so I don't think it was that shocking for them, at least it wasn't for me." He replies, I feel my cheeks grow pink, I clung into his arm. "Say, what does it feel like to be with a super-duper cool priestess then?" I ask him jokingly. He stays quiet for a few seconds.

"Maybe I'm just lucky someone like you, fell for someone like me." He softy says, not looking at me. I look at him surprised, but then smiled to myself. "I don't quite believe in luck, If I got to meet you and the others, I believe that was destiny's choice, and even me falling for you, who knows, maybe it was fate's. But even so, I'm glad that was their choice. Because I'm happy with it." I tell him while looking down and smiling, I grab to his arm tighter. "...I'm also happy with it." He replies.

word count: 2383